About the Undergraduate Degree Plans
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at UT Arlington has been recognized for excellence in both teaching and research. Although emerging as a research department of national rank, we are still small enough to give individual attention to our students. We encourage our majors to become involved in the research programs in biochemistry or the areas of analytical, inorganic, organic, physical or polymer chemistry so that by the time they graduate, students have a good idea of how a practicing chemist or biochemist functions.
We offer a full range of undergraduate degree programs designed to train professional chemists and biochemists through our Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry and Bachelor of Science Degree in Biochemistry. These degrees are certified by the American Chemical Society Committee on Professional Training of Chemists. We also offer a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Chemistry for students who wish to take more liberal arts courses or pursue teacher certification through the UTeach Arlington program. Finally, we offer a combined Bachelor of Science/Master of Science Degree for those students who plan on pursuing an advanced degree in Chemistry.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry (Roadmap PDF)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Chemistry (Roadmap PDF)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Chemistry with Secondary Physical Science Teacher Certification UTeach_Chemistry_PhysicalScience.pdf
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Chemistry with Secondary Chemistry Teacher Certification UTeach_Chemistry.pdf
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biochemistry (Roadmap PDF)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biological Chemistry (Roadmap PDF)
- Combined BS/MS Degree in Chemistry (Roadmap PDF)
- Fast Track Program for the Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering(Roadmap PDF)
- For complete information, see the Chemistry Undergraduate Catalog.