Skip to content

International STUDENTS




Your future starts here. Follow these steps to complete your application for admission as an international graduate student. You may apply as an international graduate student if you have completed a bachelor’s degree from either a U.S. regionally accredited college or university or its foreign equivalent before starting graduate study. UTA offers master’s degrees, doctoral degrees, and graduate certification programs.


Admission to graduate programs at UTA is competitive. Each academic department sets its own admission requirements and makes independent admission decisions. Visit your academic department’s website for program-specific admission requirements.



Please review the application steps on this page before you apply in order to avoid confusion or processing delays. Remember that each academic department sets their own admission requirements and deadlines. Review both university and departmental deadlines.


You will need to apply using the ApplyTexas online application.

  • Create your profile on the ApplyTexas website to get a username and password.
  • Select "Create a New Graduate School Admissions Application." 
  • Select “The University of Texas at Arlington” as the target university and "Graduate, International" as the application type.
  • Complete Part I of the application.
  • Pay the $90 application fee on the ApplyTexas website.
  • Submit your application.



The international graduate application fee is $90. You can pay it with a credit card on the ApplyTexas application. If you do not pay the application fee through ApplyTexas, there are two payment options.

Credit Card (preferred method) Pay online through the UTA website with Mastercard, Visa, American Express or Discover.


Check or Money Order: If you are unable to pay by credit card, you can mail a check or money order. Checks or money orders must be in U.S. currency, U.S.-issued, and payable to the order of UTA Admissions. UTA cannot accept foreign bank-issued checks, drafts, or money orders. Please include a cover letter with your check that includes the following information:

  • Your full name, exactly as it appears on your application
  • Your Email address
  • Your Maverick Student ID Number
  • The Program/Semester to which you are applying


Fee Waivers

UTA does not offer application fee waivers for international students.


You need to submit official documentation, including transcripts/marksheets, from each college or university you attended to the Office of Admissions electronically or by mail directly from each college or university you attended. 

Mailing Address Electronic - CHESICC (China) Electronic - True Copy (India)

You may hand-deliver transcripts in person in a sealed envelope and they will be reviewed by Admissions to determine if they are official.

Please note that all application materials, including transcripts, become property of UTA upon receipt and cannot be returned.

U.S. Transcripts

Submit official transcripts from U.S. institutions from all colleges or universities where you have taken coursework. Official transcripts may be issued electronically or by paper directly to the Admissions Office by the Registrar of the sending institution. Paper transcripts bear the official University seal and signature of the Registrar. Scanned and emailed copies are not official.

If your college or university does not support sending documents electronically, please have the sending institution submit paper copies by mail.

Please note that all application materials, including transcripts, become property of UTA upon receipt and cannot be returned.

Foreign Transcripts

Submit official foreign transcripts, or marksheets and diplomas, that bear the original university seal and original signature of the Registrar or responsible head of the institution on every page. Transcripts or marksheets that do not include degree award information must be accompanied by an officially attested copy of the degree certificate.

Documents not issued in English must be accompanied by an exact word-for-word original English translation bearing the original university or translation agency attestation. Translations may be mailed to Admissions by the institution or applicant or delivered in person to Admissions.

Please note that all application materials, including transcripts, become property of UTA upon receipt and cannot be returned.

Submit Official Test Scores

You are required to submit an official test score report sent directly from the testing agency. UTA’s ETS institutional code is 6013.

English Proficiency Test

If your native language is not English, you must demonstrate a sufficient level of skill with the English language to assure success in graduate studies. You are required to submit official test score reports directly from the testing agency unless you hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited U.S. institution.

UTA’s ETS institutional code for the TOEFL test is 6013. If you’ve taken the IELTS you need to submit an official paper score report from the British Council.

Minimum English Proficiency Test scores are outlined below, but admission to any graduate program is competitive and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. Review the program requirements in the University Catalog for more information.


Minimum Score

TOEFL paper-based


TOEFL Computer-based


TOEFL internet-based

79 (with sectional scores of 22 writing, 21 speaking, 20 reading, and 16 listening)



Submit Program-Specific Requirements

Additional required documents required for admission are determined by each academic department. Review the program or certificate requirements in the University Catalog for more information about these documents, including letters or recommendation, statements of purpose, resume, portfolio, and more.


VISA Requirements

The U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service requires that you show proof that adequate resources are available to meet your first year of educational and living expenses. A completed financial statement form must be completed and returned with the indicated documentation before an I-20 can be issued. Financial documents may be submitted online.

If you are already studying in the U.S. on an F-1 (student) visa you must have established transfer eligibility by submitting a school transfer notification before transfer is initiated by the new institution.

Financial Statement Form LinkUpload Financial DocumentsSchool Transfer Notification for F-1 Visa Holders


Applications received after the posted deadlines could be subject to processing delays.

International Graduate General Application Deadlines

Fall Semester: April 1
Spring Semester: September 15
Summer Semester: February 1


You will be sent an application receipt email 5-10 business days after you submit your application. This email contains your NetID and instructions to activate your MyMav account. You can check your application status in MyMav at any time.

Financial Aid TV
Facebook Twitter