Skip to content

students studying



Follow these steps to complete your application for admission as a graduate student. You may apply as a graduate student if you have earned or will have earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or its foreign equivalent, before starting graduate study. UTA offers master's degrees, doctoral degrees, and graduate certificate programs.

Application Priority Dates

Fall: Applications are still being accepted for Fall 2019.
Spring: October 15
Summer: April 1

Applications are still being accepted for Fall 2019.

Applications are accepted after the published priority date for each term, but for guaranteed consideration of admission please submit the application and associated materials by the priority date. However, it is important to apply well in advance of your intended start date to be eligible for program-specific funding opportunities such as assistantships and fellowships. Keep in mind that departmental application processing times vary greatly and some programs require applications up to one year in advance. 

For program-specific requirements and merit-based funding opportunities, visit the University Catalog or contact your intended program graduate advisor. In order to qualify for maximum grant funding, you must submit your FAFSA, turn in all required documents, and be admitted by the dates above. For information financial aid opportunities, visit the Office of Financial Aid  website. For information about scholarship opportunities, visit the scholarship office  website.

Application processing times vary greatly according to department. Some degree programs with very selective admission procedures may require that you apply nine months to a year in advance in order to be considered, while others may require a much shorter period of time.


Admission to graduate programs at UTA is competitive. Each academic department sets its own admission requirements and makes independent admission decisions. Visit your academic department's website for program specific admission requirements.

Academic DepartmentS UNIVERSITY CATALOG Admission for UTA Undergrads

Students in Hyeok Choi Lab


Domestic students:

  • Create a user profile on the ApplyTexas website
  • Select: Create a New Graduate School Admissions Application
  • Select the target university: The University of Texas at Arlington
  • Select the application type: Graduate
  • Complete Part I of the application
  • Pay the application fee on the ApplyTexas website
  • Submit your application

 Application instructions for International Students

Apply Texas


The application fee for U.S. citizens and permanent residents with no foreign transcripts is $75. The fee for applicants with foriegn coursework is $90. The application fee can be paid by credit card on the ApplyTexas application or online through the UTA website below.


Submit your unofficial transcripts

If you have submitted your graduate application and have not already requested your official transcripts/degree verification to be sent to UT Arlington and wish to have your application processed with unofficial transcripts/degree verification, upload digital copies of your unofficial transcripts/degree verification. Review the document submission page for instructions.

*All official transcripts must be submitted before your arrival to UTA. 


You will need to submit official transcripts from each college or university you attended to the Office of Admissions electronically or by mail directly from each college or university you attended. However, the best and fastest method is electronic—sent directly from your school. 

You may hand-deliver transcripts in person in a sealed envelope and they will be reviewed by Admissions to determine if they are official. Please be advised that transcripts older than one year will not be accepted. 

View Submitting Official Transcript Guidelines

UTA Transcripts

Currently enrolled or former UTA students do not need to request their UTA transcript.

U.S. Transcripts

Submit official transcripts from U.S. institutions from all colleges or universities where you have taken coursework. Official transcripts may be issued electronically or by paper directly to the Admissions Office by the Registrar of the sending institution. Paper transcripts bear the official University seal and signature of the Registrar. Scanned and emailed copies are not official.

If your college or university does not support sending documents electronically, please have the sending institution submit paper copies by mail.

Please note that all application materials, including transcripts, become property of The University of Texas at Arlington upon receipt and cannot be returned.

Foreign Transcripts

Submit official foreign transcripts, or marksheets and diplomas, that bear the original university seal and original signature of the Registrar or responsible head of the institution on every page. Transcripts or marksheets that do not include degree award information must be accompanied by an officially attested copy of the degree certificate.

Documents not issued in English must be accompanied by an exact word-for-word original English translation bearing the original university or translation agency attestation.

You can submit official foreign transcripts, marksheets, and diploma/degree award using of one of the following electronic services:

MAILING ADDRESSElectronic - CHESICC (China) Electronic - True Copy (India)

If your college or university does not support sending documents electronically, please have the sending institution submit paper copies by mail.

Please note that all application materials, including transcripts, become property of The University of Texas at Arlington upon receipt and cannot be returned.


Test scores may be required by your academic department. Official test score reports should be sent directly from the testing agency.

UTA's ETS institutional code is 6013.

Individuals may be eligible to receive a 50 percent GRE Fee Reduction voucher for the general test and/or a subject test. Visit the GRE website to learn more about the GRE Fee Reduction Program.


Additional documents required for admission are determined by each academic department. Review the program or certificate requirements in the University Catalog for more information about these documents, including letters of recommendation, statements of purpose, resumes, portfolios, and more.


Nick Fang Lab


You will be sent an application receipt email 5-10 business days after you submit your application. This email contains your NetID and instructions to activate your MyMav account. You can check your application status in MyMav at any time.

2018 Campus Security and Fire Safety Report