Honors College General Scholarships for Current Honors Students:
All currently enrolled Honors College students who are in good standing and making progress toward their Honors degrees are eligible to apply for general scholarships. Applications are available online through Mav ScholarShop, a one-stop scholarship shop for UTA students. Use your NetID and password to log in. Honors students will be prompted to complete the Honors College Conditional Application, a single form that considers applicants for ALL of the following general scholarships (click on the name of each scholarship to view its description):
- Honors Presidential Scholarship
- Carolyn A. Barros Founding Dean Scholarship
- Honors College General Scholarship
- Charles R. Knerr Scholarship
- Nancy C. Sommerman Scholarship
- Kay Jones Nursing Scholarship
- Dan Dipert Nursing Scholarship
The Conditional Application requires a résumé, personal statement, and ONE letter of recommendation from a UTA faculty member.
The following Honors College scholarships are NOT included in the Conditional Application, and instead, require the submission of separate applications. These applications can also be found in Mav ScholarShop:
- Stuckler Family Endowed Scholarship
- Luther Wayne Odom Scholarship for Political Science Students
- Dana Dunn Scholarship for Service Learning (Deadline: May 1, 2019)
- Alan and Bonnie Petsche Award for Honors Study Abroad (Deadline: April 15, 2019)
Graduate School Fellowships:
- G. Irene and Fernando G. Torgerson Graduate Studies Advancement Fund (Also known as the Honors Bridge to Graduate School Fellowship)
- University Scholars Endowment
Incoming Freshman Scholarship:
- Robert D. Riley Endowed Scholarship
Open to Honors College and non-Honors College students.
- AP Institute Future Teachers Scholarship
This scholarship is open to all Honors and non-Honors students at the junior or senior level who have a clear desire to teach middle school or high school.
- Undergraduate Research Fellowships (through the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program)
Deadline for Summer 2019: to be determined
- Honors College Early Completion Scholarship
Earn $500 for completing your Honors requirements early! To encourage more students to finish their Honors requirements before their final undergraduate semester, the Honors College is pleased to announce the Honors College Early Completion Scholarship. Students graduating in Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 who plan to complete their Senior Project and Honors hours in Spring 2019 may apply for this $500 award.
Download the application
Unless otherwise noted, the deadline for 2019-2020 applications is Friday, February 15, 2019. All application materials, including recommendations, must be submitted by this date for consideration. Applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be considered. If you have questions about Honors College scholarships, e-mail email@example.com or call (817) 272-7215.