College Hall, Suite 108
600 S. West Street
Arlington, TX 76019
Scholarships and Fellowships
General Scholarships for Current Honors Students
All currently enrolled Honors College students who are in good standing and making progress toward their Honors degrees are eligible to apply for general scholarships. Applications are available online through Mav ScholarShop, a one-stop scholarship shop for UTA students. Use your NetID and password to log in. Honors students will be prompted to complete the Honors College Conditional Application, a single form that considers applicants for ALL of the following general scholarships (click on the name of each scholarship to view its description):
- Honors Presidential Scholarship
- Carolyn A. Barros Founding Dean Scholarship
- Honors College General Scholarship
- Charles R. Knerr Scholarship
- Nancy C. Sommerman Scholarship
- Kay Jones Nursing Scholarship
- Dan Dipert Nursing Scholarship
The Conditional Application requires a résumé, personal statement, and ONE letter of recommendation from a UTA faculty member.
The following Honors College scholarships are NOT included in the Conditional Application, and instead, require the submission of separate applications. These applications can also be found in Mav ScholarShop:
- Stuckler Family Endowed Scholarship
- Luther Wayne Odom Scholarship for Political Science Students
- Dana Dunn Scholarship for Service Learning
- Anisa and Denis Gjoni Honors College Scholarship
- Ballenger Family Scholarship
- Dr. Kanwal Z. Haider Honors Scholarship
- Honors College Engineering Scholarship
- Watters Scholarship for Higher Education - Engineering
- Watters Scholarship for Higher Education - General
- Interdisciplinary Studies Scholarship Fund
- Dean Robert F. McMahon Honors College Study Abroad Scholarship Endowment (Deadline: April 14, 2023)
- Karl M. Petruso Scholarship for Honors Fieldwork in Liberal Arts (Deadline: April 14, 2023)
- Alan and Bonnie Petsche Award for Honors Study Abroad (Deadline: April 14, 2023)
Graduate School Fellowships
- G. Irene and Fernando G. Torgerson Graduate Studies Advancement Fund (Also known as the Honors Bridge to Graduate School Fellowship)
- University Scholars Endowment
Incoming Freshman Scholarship
Honors College Housing Scholarship
The Honors College will award a limited number of scholarships to incoming first-year Honors students who wish to participate in the Honors Residential Learning Community in Vandergriff Hall during the 2023-2024 academic year. Awardees will receive $1650 for the academic year, which will reduce the cost of a space in Vandergriff Hall to the rate of space in Trinity House or Lipscomb Hall. This scholarship is for one year only; it is NOT renewable.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be an incoming first-year student beginning coursework at UT Arlington (UTA) in Fall 2023;
- be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester (Fall 2023 and Spring 2024);
- be admitted to the Honors College for Fall 2023 (or have submitted an application);
- personal and/or family finances are insufficient to pay tuition and other costs of attending UTA.
*Note: The scholarship award is contingent upon admission to the UTA Honors College. Applicants who are not admitted to the Honors College will not be eligible to receive the scholarship.
Learn more about the Honors RLC here.
Newly admitted first-year students can apply for the Honors College Housing Scholarship at this link starting March 28th. The deadline to apply is 11:59 PM CST on June 2, 2023.
- AP Institute Future Teachers Scholarship
This scholarship is open to all Honors and non-Honors students at the junior or senior level who have a clear desire to teach middle school or high school.
- Undergraduate Research Fellowships (through the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program)
Deadline for Summer 2023: to be determined
- Honors College Early Completion Scholarship
Earn $500 for completing your Honors requirements early! To encourage more students to finish their Honors requirements before their final undergraduate semester, the Honors College is pleased to announce the Honors College Early Completion Scholarship. Students graduating in Fall 2023 or Spring 2024 who plan to complete their Senior Project and Honors hours in Spring 2023 may apply for this $500 award.
Honors Students can apply for specific funding relating to Special Opportunities or Capstone Research Funding with the following proposals in addition to the Honors Funding Budget Form.
- Special Opportunity Funding Form
The Honors College is capable of providing funding in support of special academic opportunities with the purpose of enhancing Honors students' undergraduate experiences.
- Capstone Research Funding Proposal
Students may apply for funds in support of conducting undergraduate research related to their Honors Capstone project. To apply, the student must have an approved research proposal on file in the Honors College.
Honors College scholarship applications for 2023-2024 will become available on October 1st, and unless otherwise noted - the deadline for applications is Friday, March 3, 2023. All application materials, including recommendations, must be submitted by this date for consideration. Applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be considered. If you have questions about Honors College scholarships, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (817) 272-7215.
"The Honors College is the perfect place for high-achieving students to get the most out of their undergraduate experience at UTA."