College Hall, Suite 108
600 S. West Street
Arlington, TX 76019
Admission to the Honors College is a rigorous process. Candidates for admission must fulfill at least one of the following criteria, depending on their classification:
- Combined Evidence-Based Reading/Writing and Math SAT score of 1270
- ACT score of 27
- 3.5 unweighted high school GPA (U.S. high schools only)
- Graduation in the upper 10 percent of their high school class (U.S. high schools only)
Incoming freshman students who are in the UT Coordinated Admissions Program (CAP) are required to complete a minimum of 3 hours of Honors credits in their first semester and a minimum of 3 hours of Honors credits in their second semester. CAP students who are unable to meet these conditions will be dismissed from the Honors College. The Honors College will not admit CAP students who are in their second semester.
Currently Enrolled UTA Students
- 3.35 cumulative GPA after taking 12 semester credit hours at UTA and a minimum of 60 credit hours remaining to complete your degree
Transfer Students (New to UTA)
- 3.35 cumulative transfer GPA on a scale of 4.0 (the average GPA from all colleges attended prior to UTA) and a minimum of 60 credit hours remaining to complete your degree
The criteria above are minimums. Admission is not based solely on grades or scores. The admissions committee looks for evidence of strong analytical skills and college-level writing ability; thus, a strong essay is an important consideration in the admissions process. We are unable to accommodate programs offered exclusively through the online Academic Partnerships degree plans.