The Honors College admissions process is competitive, and we review all applications holistically.
- Entering Freshmen must meet one of the following criteria:
- An SAT score of 1270
- An ACT score of 27
- Top 10% of their high school graduating class
- Unweighted GPA of 3.500 or higher
- Currently enrolled or transfer students:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.350 or higher
- For transfer students this is the overall GPA from all schools attended
- For currently enrolled UTA students, this is your UTA GPA from 12 hours or more
- At least 60 credits or more remaining on your degree plan
Though you must meet the above criteria to apply, admission is not based solely on grades or scores. The Admissions Committee looks for evidence in the application of fit and capability to thrive in our program. A good essay is an important consideration in the admission process, but is optional if you meet one of the above criteria.