College Hall, Suite 108
600 S. West Street
Arlington, TX 76019
Apply to the Honors College
Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 Deadlines
- If you are an incoming or current UTA student who would like to start in Fall 2022, the deadline is June 30, 2022.
- If you are an incoming student for Spring 2023 and want to be considered for scholarship opportunities through the Honors College, the deadline for priority consideration is January 2nd, 2023.
- If you want to be considered for housing placement in the Honors Residential Learning Community (Fall applicants only), you must apply before May 2nd.
- The final deadline to apply to join the Honors College for Fall 2022 is June 30, 2022.
Requirements for Admission
Before you apply to the Honors College, you must be admitted to or currently attending the University of Texas at Arlington. If you have not yet applied for admissions to UTA, please contact the Office of Admissions for more information on the application process.
Candidates for admission to the Honors College must fulfill at least ONE of the following criteria:
- Combined Evidence-Based Reading/Writing and Math SAT score of 1270 or higher; OR
- ACT composite score of 27 or higher; OR
- Ranked in the top 10 percent of high school class (U.S. high schools only); OR
- Unweighted high school GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale (U.S. high schools only)
Note: Interested incoming UT Coordinated Admissions Program (CAP) students are must apply for their entering Fall semester. If admitted, CAP students are requiredto earn early registration by participating in a minimum of three (3) Honors registration reward events by the posted deadline during their first semester. Additionally, CAP students are encouraged to fulfill the milestones of first-year Honors students. Those who are unable to meet these conditions will be dismissed from the Honors College. The Honors College will not admit CAP students who are in their second semester.
Current UT Arlington students:
- A 3.35 cumulative GPA (after completing 12 credit hours at UT Arlington) and a minimum of sixty hours remaining in your degree plan.
Incoming Transfer students:
- A 3.35 cumulative transfer GPA on a 4.0 scale (the average GPA from all U.S. colleges attended prior to UT Arlington) and a minimum of sixty hours remaining in your degree plan.
Students who do not meet any of the above requirements may apply to the Honors College; however, they MUST complete the optional essay portion of the application. The criteria above are minimums. Admission is not based solely on grades or scores. Applicants will be notified of their status via an email to their UTA student email account.
We are unable to offer admissions to students in programs offered exclusively through the Accelerated Online (AO) or online Academic Partnerships (AP) degree plans.
Reminder: The application will close on June 30, 2022.
"The Honors College truly is so much more than a degree. It’s a caring and involved staff, an amazing and supportive student body, and a treasure trove of lifelong friends."