College Hall, Suite 108
600 S. West Street
Arlington, TX 76019
Apply to the Honors College
Spring and Fall 2023 Deadlines
- If you are an incoming or current student wanting to start in Spring 2023, the deadline is January 2, 2023.
- If you are an incoming first-time freshman or transfer student for Fall 2023 and want to be eligible to register for Honors-designated courses for your summer New Maverick Orientation session, you must apply by March 20th.
- First-time Freshmen students who are interested in housing placement in the Honors Residential Learning Community in Vandergriff Hall and receive access to apply for the Honors Theme Housing Scholarship must also apply by March 20th.
- The final deadline to join the Honors College for Fall 2023 is June 30, 2023.
Requirements for Admission
Before you apply to the Honors College, you must be admitted to or currently attending the University of Texas at Arlington. If you have not yet applied for admissions to UTA, please contact the Office of Admissions for more information on the application process.
Candidates for admission to the Honors College must fulfill at least ONE of the following criteria:
- Combined Evidence-Based Reading/Writing and Math SAT score of 1270 or higher; OR
- ACT composite score of 27 or higher; OR
- Ranked in the top 10 percent of high school class (U.S. high schools only); OR
- Unweighted high school GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale (U.S. high schools only)
Note: Interested incoming UT Coordinated Admissions Program (CAP) students are must apply for their entering Fall semester. If admitted, CAP students are required to earn early registration by participating in a minimum of three (3) Honors registration reward events by the posted deadline during their first semester. Additionally, CAP students are encouraged to fulfill the milestones of first-year Honors students. Those who are unable to meet these conditions will be dismissed from the Honors College. The Honors College will not admit CAP students who are in their second semester.
Current UT Arlington students:
- A 3.35 cumulative GPA (after completing 12 credit hours at UT Arlington) and a minimum of sixty hours remaining in your degree plan.
Incoming Transfer students:
- A 3.35 cumulative transfer GPA on a 4.0 scale (the average GPA from all U.S. colleges attended prior to UT Arlington) and a minimum of sixty hours remaining in your degree plan.
Students who do not meet any of the above requirements may apply to the Honors College; however, they MUST complete the optional essay portion of the application. The criteria above are minimums. Admission is not based solely on grades or scores. Applicants will be notified of their status via an email to their UTA student email account.
We are unable to offer admissions to students in programs offered exclusively through the Accelerated Online (AO) or online Academic Partnerships (AP) degree plans.
Follow this link to begin the application process.
"I chose UTA for the diversity and scholarship opportunities it afforded me."