The Honors College admission is competitive. Candidates for admission must fulfill at least one of the following criteria depending on their classification:
- Entering Freshmen:
- Combined Evidence-Based Reading/Writing and Math SAT score of 1270 or higher; OR
- ACT composite score of 27 or higher; OR
- Ranked in the top 10 percent of high school class (U.S. high schools only); OR
- Unweighted high school Grade Point Average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale (U.S. high schools only)
- Current UT Arlington students:
- A 3.35 cumulative Grade Point Average (after completing 12 credit hours at UT Arlington) and a minimum of sixty hours remaining in your degree plan.
- Transfer students:
- A 3.35 cumulative transfer Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale (the average GPA from all U.S. colleges attended prior to UT Arlington) and a minimum of sixty hours remaining in your degree plan.
Students who do not meet any of the above requirements may apply to the Honors College; however, they MUST complete the optional essay portion of the application. The criteria above are minimums. Admission is not based solely on grades or scores. Applicants will be notified of their status via an email to their MavMail account.