- Visitors who wish to use the pool must be current members of the Maverick Activities Center. If you are not a current member, you may purchase a day pass (accompanied by a current member) at the MAC front desk or online. The fee for the day pass is $10 per person per day.
- For any visitor, there is a 2-person maximum for each member. For example, if there is current student who wishes to use the pool with their friends (18 or older) who are not affiliated with UTA, they would be allowed to purchase (2) two day passes for those using the pool. If there is a student who has guests with them (minors under the age of 18) they would be allowed to sign in a maximum of (2) two guests.
- Children under age 18 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian.
- Children under 10 must always have parent or guardian in the water with them.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND POLICIES
Campus Recreation provides over 25 hours of lap and recreational swim times for MAC members in two swimming pools, a six lane, 25 yard indoor pool and an eight lane, 50 meter outdoor pool.
Both pools are located at the Physical Education Building (801 Greek Row Dr, Arlington, TX 76013).
To participate in lap swim, you must be capable of swimming the length of the pool comfortably.
- You must wear a swimsuit to enter the water
- Participants may not wear Lifeguard swimsuits to the pool
- No t-shirts, underwear or non-swimsuit shorts will be allowed
- No flotation devices are allowed in the pool
- No food, glass, alcohol or smoking is permitted
- No coaching, personal training or teaching will be permitted
- No running, pushing, diving in the shallow end or off the starting blocks
- Only one diver is allowed on the diving board at a time (Rec Swim)
- No hanging on lane lines
Lifeguards have the right to terminate any activity deemed unsafe and refuse access or admittance when safety is a concern.