FUTURE HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
Are you interested in pursuing a career as a medical doctor, dentist, pharmacist, physician’s assistant, or another graduate-level health professional field? You can find information here to help you on your journey! Our FAQ Page can answer many common questions. Students interested in Nursing, Public Health, or Kinesiology should visit our College of Nursing Website. More information on different healthcare careers can be found on our Additional Pre-Health Studies Page.
- Every other Wednesday @ 12pm on Microsoft Teams - Q&A Sessions with the Health Professions Office DATES: 6/17, 7/1, 7/15, 7/29
- Join the Health Professions Office as we give advice on all pre-health related questions! Use the link above to join on specified Wednesdays @12!
- Students can submit questions prior to sessions here!
- SUNDAYS @ 12PM - WEEKLY JAMP Q&A SESSIONS with UTA JAMP AMBASSADORS@ - USE TEAMS LINK TO JOIN DURING THIS TIME
- FRIDAYS @ 1PM - Get more information on Global Medical Training (GMT) and meet officers!- USE ZOOM LINK TO JOIN DURING THIS TIME
- WEDNESDAYS @ 1PM - TXHES Courage Sessions – view upcoming and past session on TXHES Facebook Page
- Starting Wednesday, April 6th (Multiple Dates/Times Available) - St. George's University-Webinars
University of Incarnate Word SOM- Online Information Sessions
Wednesday, July 22, 2-3 p.m. (CST) - Topic: Application Process
- Thursday June 25th @ 5:30PM-6:30PM - UTMB Virtual PA Program Open House
- Learn about the program & what makes an applicant competitive
- Wednesday, July 29th @ 1PM-2PM CST - PharmCAS 2020-21 Applicant Webinar
***NOTE-EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATLY ALL APPOINTMENTS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON MICROSOFT TEAMS or VIA EMAIL***
The University of Texas at Arlington has several pre-health student organizations that can assist you on your path! Joining one of these organizations can provide valuable insight and resources for any pre-health student. Get to know other students on the same journey as you! Click on each link below for more information. Visit mavorgs.uta.edu for more information regarding these and other student organizations.
- Advancement of Females in Medicine (AFM)
- Global Medical Training (GMT)
- Minority Association of Pre-Medical Students (MAPS)
- Health Occupation Students of America (HOSA)
- Pre-Dental Society (PDS)
- Pre-Physician Assistant Association (PPAA)
- Pre-Pharmacy Association (PPA)
- Pre-Optometry Professional Society (POPS)