FUTURE HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
Are you interested in pursuing a career as a medical doctor, dentist, pharmacist, physician’s assistant, or another graduate-level health professional field? You can find information here to help you on your journey! Our FAQ Page can answer many common questions. Students interested in Nursing, Public Health, or Exercise Science should visit our College of Nursing Website. More information on different healthcare careers can be found on our Additional Pre-Health Studies Page.
UTA ALUMNI HIGHLIGHT: Dr. Jocelyn Zee, an intensivist at JPS Hospital bringing joy to patients and colleagues in COVID-19 ICU
- INTERVIEW SPACE
- Students applying this cycle that are in need of a quiet space to interview can reserve a room for their upcoming interview. Please contact Amanda Ashmea at email@example.com at least 48 hours in advance.
- VIRTUAL SHADOWING: Web Shadowers & Zoom Shadowing Sessions
- SUNDAYS @ 12PM - WEEKLY JAMP Q&A SESSIONS with UTA JAMP AMBASSADORS - USE TEAMS LINK TO JOIN DURING THIS TIME- starting 1/31
- WEDNESDAYS @ 1PM - TXHES Courage Sessions – view upcoming and past session on TXHES Facebook Page
- UNT Advising Sessions - We are currently offering daily online advising. Students can also schedule a one-on-one at: https://www.unthsc.edu/college-of-pharmacy/virtual-admissions-counseling/
***NOTE-EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATLY ALL APPOINTMENTS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON MICROSOFT TEAMS or VIA EMAIL***
The University of Texas at Arlington has several pre-health student organizations that can assist you on your path! Joining one of these organizations can provide valuable insight and resources for any pre-health student. Get to know other students on the same journey as you! Click on each link below for more information. Visit mavorgs.uta.edu for more information regarding these and other student organizations.
- Advancement of Females in Medicine (AFM)
- Global Medical Training (GMT)
- Minority Association of Pre-Medical Students (MAPS)
- Health Occupation Students of America (HOSA)
- Pre-Dental Society (PDS)
- Pre-Physician Assistant Association (PPAA)
- Pre-Pharmacy Association (PPA)
- Pre-Optometry Professional Society (POPS)