FUTURE HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
Are you interested in pursuing a career as a medical doctor, dentist, pharmacist, physician’s assistant, or another graduate-level health professional field? You can find information here to help you on your journey! Our FAQ Page can answer many common questions. Students interested in Nursing, Public Health, or Exercise Science should visit our College of Nursing Website. More information on different healthcare careers can be found on our Additional Pre-Health Studies Page.
UTA ALUMNI HIGHLIGHT: Dr. Jocelyn Zee, an intensivist at JPS Hospital bringing joy to patients and colleagues in COVID-19 ICU
- INTERVIEW SPACE
- Students applying this cycle that are in need of a quiet space to interview can reserve a room for their upcoming interview. Please contact Amanda Ashmea at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance.
- SUNDAYS @ 12PM - WEEKLY JAMP Q&A SESSIONS with UTA JAMP AMBASSADORS - USE TEAMS LINK TO JOIN DURING THIS TIME- starting 1/31
- WEDNESDAYS @ 1PM - TXHES Courage Sessions – view upcoming and past session on TXHES Facebook Page
- UNT Advising Sessions - We are currently offering daily online advising. Students can also schedule a one-on-one at: https://www.unthsc.edu/college-of-pharmacy/virtual-admissions-counseling/
- HEALTH PROFESSIONS WEBINARS & EVENTS (NAAHP)
- UIW School of Osteopathic Medicine Admissions Summer Series Schedule
- June 16, 2021, 2-3pm (CST): Faculty Panel for Prospective Students- Join our faculty for a candid conversation about the academic demands of our innovative curriculum. Bring your questions about our self-directed learning environment, interactive groups, assessments, clinical rotations, research, and social justice initiatives. RSVP Today
- June 28, 2021, 1pm-3pm (CST): UIWSOM Preview Day- This event gives you an opportunity to preview our curriculum, including Small Interactive Group Sessions (SIGS), Large Group Session (LGS), and Structures; participate in a Q/A session with current learners and admissions officers; and learn about Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) via live demonstrations. RSVP Today
- July 13, 2021, 2pm-4pm (CST): Applicant Workshop- Join the Admissions team as they review and share tips about each section of the application. Topics will include experiences, awards/honors, personal statement, letters of recommendation, the secondary application, as well as Multiple Mini Interviews (MMIs). RSVP Today
- July 29, 2021, 12:30pm-1:30pm: Overview of UIWSOM Programs- Join this presentation to learn about the UIWSOM Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) and Master of Biomedical Sciences (MBS) Programs. We will review information about our mission and service area, weekly schedule, DO and MBS class profile/statistics, application process and will have a live Q/A with current students. RSVP Today
- Wednesday, July 28th - 2021 PharmCAS Applicant Webinar
- Interested in some helpful tips to help navigate the 2020-2021 application? Register today!
***NOTE-EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATLY ALL APPOINTMENTS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON MICROSOFT TEAMS or VIA EMAIL***
The University of Texas at Arlington has several pre-health student organizations that can assist you on your path! Joining one of these organizations can provide valuable insight and resources for any pre-health student. Get to know other students on the same journey as you! Click on each link below for more information. Visit mavorgs.uta.edu for more information regarding these and other student organizations.
- Advancement of Females in Medicine (AFM)
- Global Medical Training (GMT)
- Minority Association of Pre-Medical Students (MAPS)
- Health Occupation Students of America (HOSA)
- Pre-Dental Society (PDS)
- Pre-Physician Assistant Association (PPAA)
- Pre-Pharmacy Association (PPA)
- Pre-Optometry Professional Society (POPS)