In most cases, you will not need to submit an In-School Deferment request form. Enrollment information is reported to the National Student Clearinghouse multiple times during a semester. This information is available for you and your lender through the National Student Clearinghouse.
To see if you need to submit an In School Deferment request form, check your Student Loan Deferment Notifications. For directions see enrollment verification.
If you see your information, you do not need to submit an In-School Deferment request form.
Only submit an In-School Deferment request form, if:
- You are enrolled at least Half-Time for the semester (6+ hours for Undergraduate/5+ hours for Graduate).
- If you are not enrolled at least Half-Time we cannot process an In-School Deferment form for you.
- For Dynamic Dated courses and Summer (intersession, 5-week I, and 5-week II) you must be enrolled at least half-time. For example, a student that is considered less than half-time during summer intersession but enrolled in 5-week I, must wait until after census date of 5-week I to be eligible for an in-school deferment.
- You are in default.
- Your lender is not listed in your Student Loan Deferment Notifications, (This can be found on the National Student Clearinghouse website accessible through your MyMav Student Center).
- You are currently enrolled in the term in which you are requesting. If you are requesting for a future term, please request a Letter of Intent.
You may submit your In-School Deferment form here. Please ensure that you have completed the student portion with all signatures. DO NOT write in the school section.
If your lender is unwilling or cannot use the services provided by the National Student Clearinghouse, contact the Student Services Center at 703-742-4200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.