Student Record Changes & Gender Changes

Student Record Changes Forms

A copy of your government issued photo ID (or UTA photo ID) and your handwritten signature are required for ALL requests.

General Guidelines

  • ALL documents must be in English
  • Handwritten signatures are required for ALL requests and MUST be separate from your submitted documents. Electronic signatures will not be accepted
  •  A government issued photo ID/UTA ID is required for ALL requests. High school or employer ID’s will not be honored
  • Requests WILL NO LONGER be accepted via fax, postal mail, or e-mail
  • Social Security cards MUST BE SIGNED at time of submission
  • Upload your documents in an acceptable format: .pdf, .doc, .jpg. Zip drives and .heic formats are not acceptable formats

University policy is to maintain education records under the students’ full legal name. For international students, the name that appears on the passport, U.S. immigration documentation, Form I-20, etc. will remain unchanged.

Current students can update most information through MyMav, with the exception of the Primary Name, SSN, and date of birth. Instructions can be found here. Former students/Alumni should enter “0” if you are no longer familiar with your 10-digit ID.

Note: While the Office of the Registrar will amend a record upon presentation of appropriate documentation, a cross-reference of the change will be created to preserve the historical record, but due to the sensitive nature of the requests, it will be partitioned within the student record and access to this partition will be restricted.

Student Record Changes Form Guidelines

Please use the Student Record Changes form to initiate the following record changes:

  • Primary Name Changes
  • Date of Birth
  • Social Security Number Updates
  • Address Updates
  • Phone Number Updates
  • E-Mail
  • Driver's License 

Graduation Date Change

Update Anticipated Graduation Date

  • DO NOT submit this form if you:
    • Have an active graduation application. Contact your graduation counselor for further assistance at
  • Check your eligibility to apply for graduation in MyMav. Applying for graduation will update your anticipated graduation date immediately.
    • Scholarship and Financial Aid recipients--please check your eligibility to apply for graduation prior to completing this form
    • Please consult with your academic advisor prior to applying for graduation as application fees are nontransferable and nonrefundable