129 University Administration Building
Wait list is a feature that is available on some classes in MyMav. If a class is full, but has a wait list, you can add yourself to the wait list and as seats open up, students on the wait list will be automatically enrolled. When you add yourself to the wait list, you are given a position number. Students are enrolled in open seats based on their position number, the lower the number, the higher your priority.
UT Arlington is using wait list for each enrollment period for all regular, non-accelerated online undergraduate and graduate classes. On the Class Search, uncheck "Show Open Classes Only" to see closed classes. See frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding wait list below.
HOW THE WAIT LIST WORKS
For questions regarding registration go to Add Drop and Withdrawal Procedures.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
The requirements to be moved off of a wait list are the same as standard enrollment:
- You will not be enrolled from the wait list if you are already enrolled in another section of the same class.
- You will not be enrolled in a class if it conflicts in meeting times with another class in which you are enrolled.
- You will not be enrolled in more semester credit hours than permitted in that term.
- You will not be enrolled if you have not met the prerequisites for that class. This is true even if an advisor used a requisite override to put you on the wait list.
- You will not be enrolled if you have any registration holds, i.e. Financial Hold, Library Fines, etc.
I was on the wait list for a class prior to grades posted for the previous term, but now I am no longer on the wait list.
If you do not meet the prerequisite for a class that is scheduled for the next term after grades are posted for the current term, you will be dropped from the wait listed class.
Can I swap from a wait listed class into an open class?
No, the "swap" enrollment action cannot be used to move a student from a wait listed class to enroll in another open class. Swap can only be used when a student has truly enrolled in a class.
Wait list runs until the end of late registration. No students will be enrolled in any class from the wait list process after the end of late registration. The wait list will be purged for the current term shortly after census day.
The requirements to be added to a wait list are the same as standard enrollment:
- You must have an enrollment appointment if we are not in the open enrollment period.
- You must have met the requisites for the class.
- The wait list must be available for that class.
- Student must be on the permission list for classes requiring a permission list.
- The last day to wait list has passed.
- Already on the wail list for the class section.
- Class is not closed.
- Student failed to check the “Wait list if class is full” checkbox on the “Select classes to add - Enrollment Preferences”.
- Wait list capacity is reached.
- You will not be able to wait list if you have any registration holds.
Can I wait list for a class that conflicts in meeting times with a class that I’m already enrolled in?
If I am already enrolled in an installment payment plan, how might enrolling in an additional class via the wait list impact my payment plan?
Yes, you can wait list for multiple sections of the same class. Once you have been enrolled in one section of a class, you will be removed from the wait lists for all other sections of that class. If you are already enrolled in one section of a class, you may wait list for additional sections, but you will not be enrolled from the wait list until you drop the section that you are enrolled in.
How will I know when I am enrolled in a class that I was on the wait list?
Students will be notified through their UTA email address when enrolled from the wait list. Students can also check their schedule in MyMav Student Center and see the wait listed class now show enrolled and the wait list icon is removed.