Real Estate - BACHELOR'S (BBA)
The real estate industry provides great opportunities. Aspiring to a position beyond a residential real estate agent/broker necessitates a bachelor’s degree with specialized real estate and finance courses. The UTA real estate program provides the foundation and knowledge for students to develop real estate decision-making skills and critically analyze real estate opportunities.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The AACSB-accredited 120-credit-hour degree program includes 15 to 18 hours of real estate built around the core business curriculum with the option of double majoring in a second business area. Real estate undergraduate courses include:
- Real Estate Fundamentals
- Real Estate Appraisal
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Investment
- Real Estate Law
- Admissions requirements
- Degree curriculum
- Degree information in the University Catalog
- Tuition Estimator
- Program accreditation
Firms hiring real estate students focus on environmental consulting, property tax, investment consulting, property development and management, property financing, mortgage banking, appraisal and valuation, site location analysis, and syndication. The study of real estate is also an excellent preparation for a career in law. Licensing and certification are important and often required in various career areas of real estate. Some of the typical career paths are:
- Commercial Lender
- Land Development Manager
- Mortgage Load Officer or Underwriter
- Real Estate Consultant
- Real Estate Developer
BBA - Bachelor of Business Administration in Real Estate
This option allows for the inclusion of one of the business certificates available, or even a double major with another business area of study. Blending the BBA in real estate with the BBA in finance or the BBA in management can be attractive in the marketplace.
Download degree plan - Real Estate - BBA
WHY CHOOSE US?
- The UTA College of Business is in the top 100 nationally and top 50 public “Best Undergraduate Business Schools” by Poets & Quants (2021)
- Named #No. 23 as a Top Value Undergraduate Business School by Poets & Quants (2021)
- Real Estate internship for business course credit
- Facilitated admission and Fast Track business options to complete a master’s degree in a variety of business programs, including the MS in real estate
- Opportunity to participate in the College of Business Goolsby Leadership Academy
- In addition to a traditional daytime schedule, the degree can be completed with evening classes
Take the next step toward investing in yourself by learning more about our Real Estate - Bachelor's (BBA) program.