College of Education Student Ambassador
Meet Amelia Arrington
Hometown: Arlington, TX
Major/certification area and anticipated graduation year: Education EC-6 ESL 2025
Why did you choose to attend UT Arlington?
- Proximity and affordability.
What is your favorite thing about the College of Education?
- Connecting future teachers.
Who is your favorite professor or staff member?
- Professor Ezell and Professor Williams.
What class have you enjoyed the most?
- LIST 4373 and ELED 4314.
What activities or hobbies do you participate in outside of class?
- Walking, Yoga, Bible Study, and Work.
What are your plans after graduation? When you think about your future career in education, what excites you the most?
- To start teaching, getting to work with kids, and be the difference in their lives.
What is the one thing you think a prospective Education student needs to know?
- Start organizing your life before you join the program. You will need to prioritize your school work and dedicate a large portion of your time to studying.
Have you overcome any challenges that you feel would help inspire other Education majors?
- I flunked out of university fourteen years ago and now I am a straight A student so I would tell students anything is possible.
Have you received any scholarships/grants to help you pay for school?
- I received the MAV Grant and the Pell Grant.