Skip to content

Graduate Studies

Petition for an Exception to a Graduate Policy

Master's and Doctoral Students

Graduate students may petition an exception to a graduate policy by submitting a Petition for an Exception to a Graduate Policy. Petitions are routed to the appropriate University faculty and staff for their consideration, beginning with your Graduate Advisor. It is highly recommended that you consult with your graduate advisor prior to submitting your request. The Academic Dean of your College/School will make the final decision to approve or deny your request. The decision of the Academic Dean is final.

Please use this online tool to submit a petition to the Academic Dean.  Be prepared to provide the reason(s) why you think that your petition should be granted, along with any supporting documents.  If you seek an exemptionto University policy, you must provide a justification for such an exemption.

Once you submit your petition, you will receive a copy of that petition via email.  Please keep it for your records.  

To withdraw from school, inquire about a grade change, or request a change of program, please contact your Graduate Advisor, or submit the appropriate form, instead of submitting a petition via this online tool.