Center for Research on Teaching and Learning Excellence (CRTLE)
Office of the Provost, Division of Faculty Success
Engaging Faculty in Service Learning
The Center for Service Learning offers a range of resources and support to facilitate the implementation of service learning in various ways. If you have any questions about service learning or need assistance in integrating it into your course, CSL is here to help. You can rely on CSL for departmental orientations, engaging workshops, and personalized one-on-one meetings that aim to guide you through the process and ensure a seamless incorporation of service learning into your curriculum.
- Is integrated into the course curriculum to meet one or more student outcomes
- Meets a community-identified need
- Ensures reciprocity between students and community partner
- Contains a reflection component
Some common questions include:
For answers to these questions, or help with community partners, reflection activities, or any other part of the process, please contact us.
- How do I find a community partner? Can I have more than one?
- Does the service learning project need to take the entire semester?
- How do I do reflection with my students?
- How do I grade the service learning portion of the class?
- How much time do students need to spend on their service learning projects?
- Where do I find forms for use in my service learning project, such as surveys, waivers, and agreements?