Admitted Graduate Students

Now that you're about to begin your graduate studies at UTA, we wanted to remind you of a few things to help you along the way.

Welcome to the Maverick Family!

Your first day in Maverick Country will be here before you know it. Get started on your next steps!

Graduate Checklist

Admitted International Graduate Students

If you are an admitted international graduate student, please view admitted international graduate student requirements.

Admitted International Graduate Student Requirements

Graduate Advisors

Have questions about your degree path? Contact your graduate advisor for your specific academic department.

Graduate Advisor

Next steps for admitted graduate students

Accept your admission

Log on to your MyMav account and accept your admission by choosing the accept/decline link in the Admission section of your student center. Accepting your admission these reserves your spot at UTA.

MyMav Login

Submit Official Transcripts

Students who submit unofficial transcripts to be reviewed for admission will still need to submit their official transcripts once the institution(s) have made them available. Official transcripts should be received no later than the 12th class day of a student’s first semester. You can submit your official transcripts to the Office of Admissions electronically or by mail.

Official Transcript Guidelines


All students under the age of 22 are required to be immunized against bacterial meningitis before they enroll at UTA. You can submit your documents to Admissions, Records, and Registration.


Apply for housing

If you're thinking about living on campus, apply as soon as possible. The housing application is free and students are only asked to submit a deposit when they are offered a housing contract.

Apply for housing


Visit the MavExpress Office in the University Center to get your MavExpress Student ID card. You will need an ID card to use the library, Maverick Activities Center, the Health Center, and more. You will also receive UTA discounts at local businesses.

Mav Express


If you'll be driving to campus, you'll need a parking permit to park at UTA.


Graduate Change Program or Degree Level

This form is for currently enrolled graduate students. Program change, refers to changing degree levels, like from a Master's to PhD or from Cert to Master. Do not submit this form if you have not already consulted with your current graduate advisor and the graduate advisor of your proposed new program.

Graduate Change Program or Degree Level


Under Texas state law, applicant or enrolled student is classified as a Texas resident, a nonresident, or a international student. View residency information or contact graduate residency.