What is an advocate?
The RVSP Confidential Advocate, Tiffany Bland (she/her/hers), facilitates a victim-centered, social justice, and trauma-informed approach to facilitate support and advocacy services for victims and survivors of sexual and/or relationship violence. When seeking support, the confidential advocate’s priority is to ensure the student feels safe, is academically successful, and feels supported.
Advocacy Services Offered
- Knowing Your Rights
- Discussing Available Options
- Seeking Emergency Services (i.e., housing, food, clothing, financial)
- Mental Health Resources
- Medical Care Resources
- Filing a Protective Order
- Emergency Housing
- Food Security
- Safety Planning
- Assistance with Academic Concerns
- Legal Services
Victims and survivors who seek advocacy services will be:
- Treated with dignity and respect.
- Empowered to make all decisions that feel best for them and their survivorship journey.
Quote From Alex Elle
“You’re not a victim for sharing your story. You are a survivor setting the world on fire with your truth. And you never know who needs your light, your warmth and raging courage.”