Doing Business with UT Arlington
Information is provided on this web site to assist vendors in selling their goods and services to the university. If questions arise, please contact UT Arlington Procurement, the HUB Program Director, or Accounts Payable staff at any time.
Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB)
All state agencies are encouraged to make a good faith effort to increase purchases and contract awards to certified Historically Underutilized Businesses. It is the policy of UT Arlington to maximize opportunities for HUB firms to provide materials, supplies, equipment, and services to the university.
Listings Of HUB certified vendors may be found at the State of Texas Centralized Master Bidders List – HUB Directory Search.
Information for Vendors Doing Business with UT Arlington
Information for vendors who wish to sell goods and services to UT Arlington is available through a variety of venues.
- Ethics Matters. Contractor and its employees, agents, representatives and subcontractors can read and understand Conflicts of Interest Policy (HOP ADM 5-508), University's Standards of Conduct Guide, and applicable state ethics laws and rules. Neither Contractor nor its employees, agents, representatives or subcontractors will assist or cause University employees to violate University's Conflicts of Interest Policy, provisions described by University's Standards of Conduct Guide, or applicable state ethics laws or rules.
- Invitation for Bids and Requests for Proposals from UT Arlington are posted on the Electronic State Business Daily website. Postings can be viewed by looking at the Agency Name ‘UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON-714’. A PDF version of all Bids and proposals are available for viewing and printing.
- Notification of bid opportunities from the State of Texas is available to vendors that have registered with the Texas Centralized Bidders List hosted by the Comptroller of Public Accounts. Modest annual fees are required to be on this notification service.
- Vendors attempting to use the Texas Centralized Bidders List for Bid Searches should familiarize themselves with the commodity codes listed in the NIGP Commodity Book.
- A search tool for state agency Bids and Contracts hosted by the Comptroller of Public Accounts for potential vendors is available at the Electronic State Business Daily web site.
- Guidance for bidders who are aggrieved with the solicitation, evaluation, or award of a contract or purchase order may be found in Bid Protest Procedures (Procedure 4-20).
- Vendors doing business with the state of Texas must obtain a state Payee ID in order to be paid. The Texas Identification Number System Application for Payee Identification Number should be used to set up your ID number.
- A calendar of events designed to assist Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) vendors in posting their events or obtaining HUB certification may be found at HUB Events.
- Listings of organizations dedicated to assisting HUB vendors in obtaining HUB certification, HUB bid opportunities, or HUB networking may be found at HUB Resources.
- Vendors interested in obtaining HUB certification assistance should refer to HUB Certification for additional information.