Skip to content. Skip to main navigation.

College Teachers, Profs. etc.

General Information

  • Teachers and professors employed at a Texas state institution of higher education and their spouse and children who register in an institution of higher education are entitled to pay Texas resident tuition rates.

Eligibility: See Texas Education Code SECTION 54.211 and 51.9095.

Required Documentation

  • Documentation from employing institution verifying at least half time employment as a teacher or professor.


The teacher or professor must be employed at least one-half time on a regular monthly salary basis by a Texas state institution of higher education.

Tuition, Fees and Charges


Authorizing Department(s)

  • UTA Employing Department

Legal Reference