Below is a description of the Outstanding Student Leader Awards process. Specific dates are determined on an annual basis.
- January: Students are nominated by a UTA-affiliated faculty, staff, or student.
- February: Student nominees complete an application that requires a leadership log and short-answer essay responses. Nominees are emailed with application information; the application is not public.
- March: The First, Second, and Graduate Student Leader Award recipients are selected from the applicant pool.
- March: The top 5 candidates among juniors and seniors are selected to interview to receive the Leadership Achievement Award, Jeff Sorensen Award, or Wayne Duke Award.
- April: All nominees and award winners are recognized at the annual Leadership Recognition Ceremony.