College Hall, Suite 108
600 S. West Street
Arlington, TX 76019
Bridge to Graduate School Fellowship
In order to recruit high-achieving, exceptionally capable Honors students to UT Arlington graduate programs, the Honors College offers this competitive graduate degree fellowship to current Honors College seniors as well as Honors College alumni who graduated no more than three years before they enroll in a graduate program at UT Arlington.
Fellowship awards are made for $4000 per semester for four consecutive semesters in any master's or doctoral degree program. Bridge awardees who register for fewer than nine hours in their final semester of graduate study (if fewer than nine hours are required to complete the program) will receive a prorated award. The award of an Honors College Graduate Degree Fellowship does not preclude other financial aid.
To be eligible, the applicant:
- must have completed the Honors degree at the time of application or be on track to complete it, as certified by both their senior project mentors and Honors advisors.
- must meet deadlines stipulated by the Honors College for the term preceding their graduation.
- must complete all Honors requirements.
- must have been admitted unconditionally to a UT Arlington graduate program or have applied for admission to a UT Arlington graduate program. (Note: The scholarship award is contingent upon admission to a UT Arlington graduate program. Applicants who are not admitted to their intended graduate program will not be eligible to receive the scholarship.)
- must have received his or her UT Arlington Honors degree no more than three years before enrolling in the intended graduate program.
Inasmuch as the intent of the Bridge to Graduate School Fellowship has always been to encourage Honors College students to enroll in graduate programs at UT Arlington, students who are already enrolled in UT Arlington five-year bachelor's/master's degree programs are not eligible to receive this fellowship. Honors College graduates of UT Arlington five-year bachelor's/master's degree programs are eligible to apply the award toward a UT Arlington doctoral program if they have (1) received the master's degree no more than three years before they enroll in the doctoral program; and (2) been admitted unconditionally to the doctoral program.
The Bridge to Graduate School Fellowship cannot be applied toward a second master's degree.
Typically funding of this fellowship will begin in the fall semester. There is one cycle per year, with a spring application deadline. Thus, a student who wishes to begin graduate work in a spring semester must have met the application deadline for the previous spring semester.
The Bridge Fellowship is renewed on a semester-by-semester basis; continuation is contingent upon the maintenance of a 3.2 GPA and enrollment in a minimum of nine hours each fall and spring semester.
Students awarded fellowships will receive written notification by mail.
In addition, Honors students may be eligible for advanced admission notice and exemption from the GRE, depending on the graduate program. Honors seniors are encouraged to consult the graduate advisors in their prospective departments as well as the Honors College advisors for further guidance.