Goolsby Emerging Leader Program
The Goolsby Leadership Academy admits one cohort each year with the new cohort starting in the fall. Students must apply to the Academy prior to entering their junior year. We accept applications from JAN-JUL. The application deadline FOR ON-CAMPUS STUDENTS IS MAY 1 and FOR TRANSFER and NEW STUDENTS IS JULY 17. Please note we only admit approximately 30 students to the Academy each year. Therefore, your chances of being admitted are greater the earlier you apply during your sophomore year.
The selection process through which Goolsby Scholars are chosen is a rigorous one involving an in-depth application, two letters of recommendation, and an interview by a panel composed of students and faculty members. The two key selection criteria are academic performance and future leadership potential. Each cohort is comprised of a diverse group based on academic major, gender, race, backgrounds, ideas and viewpoints.
- Be a business major.
- Have an interest in leadership.
- Have between 48-60 credit hours.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.1.
- Complete the Academy application and provide two letters of reference.
- Have a minimum of two years before your graduation. Scholars begin the program in the fall semester of their admittance year and must complete the two-year program to become an Academy Alum.
* First semester UTA Students and Transfer Students: Please request an application by email at email@example.com; Add Emerging Leader Program in Subject line.
Steps to Apply: