Honors students earn Honors degrees that explicitly designate their major disciplines (e.g., Honors Bachelor of Science in Biology). Each academic college at UTA has determined the requirements for earning an Honors Degree. Please see the links following this section for the College-specific requirements.
General Requirements for the Honors Degree
- Be a member of the Honors College in good standing.
- Complete of University core and disciplinary degree requirements.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2. Note: Some scholarship recipients may be required to uphold a higher cumulative GPA to retain scholarship funding.
- Complete at least the minimum Honors Points required by the college of the student’s academic major.
- Attend the required initial, sophomore, and junior Honors College advising appointments.
- Complete a Capstone Project as approved by the Honors College and as directed by the college of the student’s academic major.
- Present the Capstone Project research at the fall or spring Honors Research Symposium.
College-Specific Requirements for the Honors Degree
- College of Architecture, Planning, and Public Affairs
- College of Business Administration
- College of Education
- College of Engineering - Biomedical
- College of Engineering - Civil
- College of Engineering - Computer Science
- College of Engineering - Electrical
- College of Engineering - Industrial and Material Science
- College of Engineering - Mechanical and Aerospace
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Nursing
- College of Science
- School of Social Work