Special Programs, Volunteering, Research Opportunities, and Helpful Resources
JAMP is a special program created by the Texas Legislature to support and encourage highly qualified, economically disadvantaged Texas resident students pursuing a medical education. One of the many benefits to this wonderful program is the opportunity for guaranteed acceptance to one of the Texas Medical Schools. Read more about JAMP.
This program allows UTA students with a medically related interest an opportunity to be paired with a physician mentor from Texas Health Resources Arlington Memorial Hospital for one semester through a competitive application process. In addition, the program also requires an academic component in which students participate in weekly journal clubs with their peers and a faculty member. Find out more information about the PRECEPTORSHIP PROGRAM.
This program allows students to participate in pre-med internships in Europe's hospitals. For more information contact Ali Sinks, a UTA student that is an Atlantis Ambassador.
SPEP Collegiate II is a six-week program which provides college and post-college students an opportunity to strengthen their dental schools application and provide DAT preparation. Visit the website for additional information.
The SUMMER HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION PROGRAM (SHPEP) is a free, six-week career-enrichment program for college freshman and sophomore students, interested in a career within the health professions. Visit the website for additional information.
PRE-MED STAR - Online community for pre-med students that has great resources! And its free!
T4D- TOUR FOR DIVERSITY - Organization that connects health professionals to high school and undergraduate students of racial and underrepresented minorities. Their goal is to educate, inspire and cultivate the future generation on health professionals.
- UTA Volunteers
- UTA Community Partners
- Hospice Volunteering
- Volunteer at THR-Arlington
- Mission Arlington - Medical and Dental Clinics
- Dental Health Arlington
- Mansfield Mission Center - Medical and Dental Clinics
- UTA Undergraduate Research
- National Research Foundation
- UNT - Summer 2020 Chemistry NSF-REU Program
- UTSW SURF Program
- Weill Cornell Research Fellowship Program
- UT Health Science Center at Houston SHPEP
Masters & Formal Post-Bacc Programs
- UTA - MS in Athletic Training
- UNT - MS in Medical Sciences
- AACOMAS - Osteopathic Schools with Post Bacc Programs
- AAMC - Post Bacc Programs
- Texas A&M College of Dentistry Post-Bacc Program
Other Helpful Resources:
- IDEAS Center - The Ideas Center, located in the Central Library, provides peer mentorining in various subjects along with additional resources.
- Writing Center - The Writing Center, located in the Central Library, can assist with personal statements and essays.
- Career Center - The Lockheed Martin Career Center is available to all UTA students and alumni! They have numerous services available such as Interview Preparation, Job Search help, and Career Exploration. Visit them today!
- Current students can practice their interview skills with a Pre-Health Interview Stream: Students can access these questions by registering an account on interview stream (https://ut-arlington.interviewstream.com/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2f) and entering the Access Code: sRsrv8hyMDpx
- UTA CAPS - Being a college student, especially a pre-health student, can be stressful! Do not be afraid to ask for help.