Joint Admission Medical Program
The Joint Admission Medical Program (JAMP) is a special program created by the Texas Legislature to support and encourage highly qualified, economically disadvantaged Texas resident students pursuing a medical education. The program is forreshmen or sophomores interested in becoming a medical doctor (MD) or a doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO). Read carefully below for details. Not all students are eligible for the program. Consult the JAMP web site and read the Application Handbook for complete program rules and follow the guidelines exactly.
- Early Admission – Earn 27 hours of college credit during the senior year of high school including two semesters of General Chemistry (no more than three hours of AP credit can count towards the 27)
- Regular Admission – Complete a minimum of 27 (prefer 30) hours of college credit during first year of college immediately following high school graduation including two semesters of General Chemistry (no more than three hours of AP credit can count towards the 27)
- Earn a 3.25 GPA or higher (overall and in math/science courses)
- Be economically disadvantaged (as evidenced by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid [FAFSA] – Expected Family Contribution of $8,000 or less or other evidence)
- A Texas resident (can be a permanent resident of the US or international student if student holds certain types of visas)
- Multiple undergraduate scholarship opportunities including summer stipends
- Summer Internship placement (one between Freshman/Sophomore and another between Sophomore/Junior)
- Specialized MCAT preparation
- Personalized mentoring
- Guaranteed admission to a participating Texas medical school IF all criteria are met
- Scholarships to attend medical school
Documents Needed to Apply
These documents must be delivered to the JAMP Faculty Director at UTA, Dr. Greg Hale, by October 5.
- Notice of Intent to Apply
- High School Transcript with Class Rank
- Official SAT/ACT Score documentation
- FAFSA Student Aid reports (Financial Aid) for 2017–2018 and 2018–2019 years
- Letters of Evaluation from:
- JAMP Faculty Director
- University Faculty Member
- College Transcripts (if applicant attended a college other than UTA)
- Official University Transcript showing fall and spring grades
Steps to Apply
- Meet with the JAMP faculty director, Dr. Hale to indicate your interest in joining. Please make an appointment using this link: https://greghale.10to8.com
- Apply to JAMP here: https://www.texasjamp.org/application-login.html (get started right away - the application takes a fair amount of time to complete)
The online application deadline is October 1st at 5:00 p.m. CDT.
Supporting documents must be delivered to Dr. Greg Hale in room 105 Life Science Building by October 5 at 5:00 p.m. CDT.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your interest in JAMP with any questions you may have.