Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP)
The Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) at UTA enables transformative learning through research by engaging students with innovative faculty, professional communities, professional development, and their developing identities as leaders.
- For Spring: October
- Summer: March
- Fall: March - June
What Will I Be Doing During the Semester?
If you are selected for UROP, you will participate in an intensive research experience (possibly remote pending COVID-19 conditions) working alongside nationally- and internationally-recognized professors for a maximum of 19 hours per week (Fall/Spring, Summer includes additional hours). Students are compensated $1,500 Fall/Spring and $3,000 Summer (pre-tax amounts). You will conduct supervised research, attend research mentor and research team meetings, learning communities, and participate in synchronous/ asynchronous professional development. This program's cohort is shared with the UGRAP experience, as they are the exact same program - just different modes of funding the student participants.
Do I Quality for this Program?
- Open to all undergraduate majors
- Full-time UTA undergraduate student
- Apply as early as your second semester @ UTA
- Scholarly and creative projects in all majors and fields of study
- 2.75 CGPA
- U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Residents & International students are welcome to apply
- Fall/Spring Semester: Must be able to commit to at least 10+ hours for research and co-academic/curricular activities
- Summer: Must be able to commit to at least 25+ hours for research and co-academic/curricular activities
- Additional UTA Student Employment must be disclosed at interview, if selected
- 3 semester max participation, continuation not guaranteed
What are the Benefits of Participating in UROP?
The benefits to becoming an undergraduate researcher within UROP are limited only by your ambition, but if we have to get specific:
- On-campus research support
- Ability to research at UTARI, pending availability
- Earn funding while conducting research
- Gain valuable experiential learning experience
- Research Mentorship
- Professional Development and Learning Communities
- Add to your career experience on your professional resume
- Network with UTA faculty, staff, and students
- Participate in a formal research poster/presentation
Please contact The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule an appointment using our Booking Advising system.