If you are the child or spouse of a 100% disabled Veteran

Hazlewood for Dependents & Spouses:

(Veteran is 100% permanently & totally disabled or deceased as a result of a service connected illness or injury)

  • Veteran's DD-214 showing discharge (Member 4 copy)
  • Application form
  • Proof of dependency (i.e. birth certificate or marriage license)
  • Proof of eligibility, ineligibility or exhaustion, for the student, of any Federal VA Educational Benefits (if the veteran served on or after 9/11/2001). Certificate of Eligibility may be obtained by completing an application on
  • VA disability rating letter at 100% permanent & total OR DD Form 1300 for deceased veteran
  • Printout of hours used from the Hazlewood Database for Students