If you are both the Veteran and the student

Hazlewood for Veterans:

(Must reside in Texas while using benefit)

  • DD-214 showing discharge (Member 4 copy)
  • Application form
  • VA letter of exhaustion (NOT e-benefits page)if possibly eligible for 100% Ch. 33 benefits or last used Ch. 31 benefits
  • VA Certificate of Eligibility if veteran served on or after 9/11/2001. COE may be obtained by completing an application on
  • Printout of hours used from the Hazlewood Database for Students
  • Active duty orders needed if residing out of state