University Center Suite 150
301 W First Street
Arlington, Texas 76019
In general, three options exist for students who require temporary housing accommodations ahead of their apartment or residence hall move-in days. Please note, UTA Housing does NOT offer temporary housing during the winter break for students moving into locations in January.
OPTION 1 - TEMPORARY HOUSING AT WEST HALL
Accommodations and Availability
- Limited temporary accommodations for new on-campus residents will be made available in West Hall between Sunday, July 31, 2022, and your scheduled check-out date.
- Accommodations include a bed in a double-occupancy room with in-room access to bathroom and shower. Linens are not provided.
- Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For additional information on West Hall, please visit the West Hall Web Page.
|Nightly Housing Charges||$30/night/person|
|Minimum Stay Required||Two Nights|
|Cancellation Fee / No Show Fee||$60|
|Failure to Pre-Register Fee (Walk-In Fee)||One-Time $15 Charge + length of reservation|
|Late Arrival Fee (Check-in between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.||$25|
|Late Check-Out or Hold Over Fee||$100 per day|
Register for Temporary Housing
- Click HERE to register for temporary housing (please read below for form availability)
- The registration form is opened every Monday – Friday at 8:00am Central Standard Time (CST) and is closed at 3:00pm CST each business day to plan for students’ stay on the following business day by Guest Services. Registration for a certain day must be completed by 3:00pm CST the day before. (i.e., If staying on August 3rd, you must complete your reservation by 3 PM CST on August 2nd.)
- The registration form is closed on Saturdays and Sundays. If requesting a stay on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday your registration must be completed at the latest by 3pm CST on Friday.
- Check-in for Temporary Housing is from 5:00 pm CST to 8:00 pm CST every day at the West Hall office. You will receive your access card, and a check-out envelope. If no one is at the hall office, please call the West Hall office at 817-272-6951.
- If you are unable to make this check-in time frame, you can reach out to Guest Services office (817.272.6963) between 8:00 am CST - 5:00 pm CST, Monday – Friday. The request for after-hours check-in will need to be made at least 3 business days before your arrival to UTA. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org (8 AM CST- 5 PM CST).
- Check-out is from 8 am - 10 am CST on your scheduled check out date. Check-out is no later than 10:00 am CST and failure to check-out by 10:00 am CST will result in a $100.00 per day holdover charge - in addition to the other amounts related to your stay.
- Temporary residents must check out-
- No later than Saturday August 13, 2022, if they do not have a future UTA Housing contract
- Wednesday August 17, 2022, if they have a future UTA Housing contract.
- Please return your access card in the envelope provided at check-in. Please give the access card in the envelope to the student staff member at the West Hall office between 8:00 am CST - 10:00 am CST. If you need assistance, call Guest Services at 817-272-6963
- All charges will be added to your student account.
Contact Temporary Housing
- For any queries or concerns feel free to contact us at 817-272-6963 or email us at email@example.com between 8:00 am CST - 5:00 pm CST, Monday – Friday
Option 2 - Local Hotels
Students are responsible for finding and booking the hotel themselves. Please visit the Arlington Convention and Visitors Bureau website for hotel options in close proximity to campus.
- Typical hotel-style accommodations with linen service
- The cost per night varies
- Earliest move-in varies
- The latest move out varies
Option 3 - Stay with a Local Student
Other UTA students are often willing to accommodate a guest on a temporary basis. Students seeking temporary housing may contact a student organization related to their interest, and student organization representatives may be able to connect them with other students living in Arlington. For a directory of student organizations, please visit here.
Important: Students who live, even temporarily, with other students in University Housing should be aware that UTA has specific policies regarding Occupancy Limits and Guest Registration. Failure to adhere to these policies may result in a student conduct violation and may be just cause for removal from University Housing.