University Center Suite 150
301 W First Street
Arlington, Texas 76019
In general, three options exist for students who require temporary housing accommodations ahead of their apartment or residence hall move-in days. Please note, UTA Housing does NOT offer temporary housing during the winter break for students moving into locations in January.
OPTION 1 - TEMPORARY HOUSING AT WEST HALL
Late Registration:Late walk-in registration is available between August 8 and August 10, 2023, from 5 pm- 8 pm CST on a first-come, first-served basis or until all allocated beds are sold out, whichever comes first.
Students accommodated through late registration must vacate temporary housing at West Hall no later than August 12, 2023, at 10 a.m. if they do not have a permanent housing contract with UTA Housing or Centennial Court. Students accommodated through late registration must vacate temporary housing at West Hall no later than August 15, 2023 at 10 a.m. if they do have a permanent housing contract with UTA Housing or Centennial Court.
Students accommodated through late or walk-in registration are not guaranteed early move in to their permanent UTA or Centennial housing accommodations and may need to seek alternate accommodations after check-out of temp housing, until their permanent housing space is available.
A limited number of additional bed spaces have been allocated to temporary housing at West Hall. Reservations will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis until bed spaces are sold out or until August 3, 2023, whichever comes first. Registration is now open, but will close on Monday, July 31, 2023 from 8 AM CST to Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 8 AM CST for system maintenance.
Accommodations and Availability
- Limited temporary accommodation for new on-campus residents will be made available in West Hall starting on Monday, July 31, 2023, and your scheduled check-out date.
- Accommodation includes a bed in a double-occupancy room with in-room access to bathroom and shower.
- Included in your registration, guests will receive a linen packet for their stay. This linen packet will be provided upon check-in. The linen packet will include the following:
- 1 Blanket, 1 Twin XL Fitted Sheet, 1 Twin XL Flat Sheet, 1 Pillow, 1 Pillowcase, 1 Bath Towel, 1 Wash Cloth
- Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Walk-in registration is not allowed.
- For additional information on West Hall, please visit the West Hall Web Page.
|Nightly Housing Charges
|Minimum Stay Required
|Required Linen Packet Charge
|Cancellation Fee / No Show Fee
|Late Arrival Fee (Check-in between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
|Late Check-Out or Hold Over Fee
|$100 per day
Register for Temporary Housing
- Reservations will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited.
- The registration form is opened every Monday – Friday at 8:00am Central Standard Time (CST) and is closed at 3:00pm CST each business day to plan for students’ stay on the following business day by Guest Services. Registration for a certain day must be completed by 3:00pm CST the day before. (i.e., If staying on August 3rd, you must complete your reservation by 3 PM CST on August 2nd.)
- The registration form is closed on Saturdays and Sundays. If requesting a stay on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday your registration must be completed at the latest by 3pm CST on Friday.
- Check-in for Temporary Housing is from 5:00 pm CST to 8:00 pm CST every day at the West Hall office. You will receive your access card, and a check-out envelope. If no one is at the West Hall office for your Check-In, please call West Hall Temporary Housing at 817-723-4714.
- If you are unable to make this check-in time, you can reach the Guest Services office (817.272.6963) between 8:00 am CST - 5:00 pm CST, Monday – Friday. The request for after-hours check-in will need to be made at least 3 business days before your arrival at UTA. You may also email email@example.com (8 AM CST- 5 PM CST) Monday - Friday.
- Check-out is from 8 am - 10 am CST on your scheduled check-out date. Check-out is no later than 10:00 am CST and failure to check-out by 10:00 am CST will result in a $100.00 per day holdover charge - in addition to the other amounts related to your stay.
- Temporary Housing residents must check out-
- No later than Saturday August 12, 2023, if they do not have a future UTA Housing contract or
- Tuesday August 15, 2023, if they have a future UTA Housing contract.
- Please return your access card, in the envelope provided at check-in, to the student staff member at the West Hall office between 8:00 am CST - 10:00 am CST. If you need assistance, call Guest Services at 817-272-6963.
- All charges will be added to your student account.
Contact Temporary Housing
- For any queries or concerns feel free to contact Guest Services at 817-272-6963 or you may email at firstname.lastname@example.org between 8:00 am CST - 5:00 pm CST, Monday – Friday
Option 2 - Local Hotels
Students are responsible for finding and booking the hotel themselves. Please visit the Arlington Convention and Visitors Bureau website to review options near campus.
- Typical hotel-style accommodations with linen service
- The cost per night varies
- Earliest move-in varies
- The latest move out varies
Option 3 - Stay with a Local Student
Other UTA students are often willing to accommodate a guest temporarily. Students seeking temporary housing may contact a student organization related to their interest, and student organization representatives may be able to connect them with other students living in Arlington. For a directory of student organizations, please visit here.
Important: Students who live, even temporarily, with other students in University Housing should be aware that UTA has specific policies regarding Occupancy Limits and Guest Registration. Failure to adhere to these policies may result in a student conduct violation and may be just cause for removal from University Housing.