University Center Suite 150
301 W First Street
Arlington, Texas 76019
Interested in working as an Office Assistant? Wewill be accepted Work Study eligible applications starting April 26, 2021 for openings for the 2021-22 academic year!
Currently there are work study positions available. To be eligible for the work study position you will need to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before you apply, to determine your work study eligibility.
To complete the FAFSA, go to www.fafsa.gov or call for a paper copy at 1-800-4-FED-AID.
For more information about completing the FAFSA and a full list of documents you should have available when doing so, go to https://www.uta.edu/fao/ and Filing Out FAFSA via the Federal Student Aid page. UTA’s Title IV code is 003656.”
Office Assistants are students selected on the basis of leadership, life experience, and the desire to be part of an extraordinary customer service team in our residential communities. By working to maintain the smooth and efficient running of the community offices, Office Assistants play an integral role in the development of a safe and supportive community in their community. Office Assistants are part of the UT-Arlington Apartment & Residence Life Department and are recognized as University staff members; they are therefore expected to act with professionalism and respect in all circumstances. Especially during times when they are not working, Office Assistants are responsible for acting as role models for residents by using their own best judgment, maturity, and concern for those individuals in their community.
Office Assistants (OAs) are typically residents of the buildings in which they are employed. They assist in the day to day operation of the community office. OAs are responsible for referring students to campus resources, checking out equipment, completing general administrative office duties, and assisting the residence director(s) as needed. For more information on the available OA positions please see the supplemental application.
The Office Assistants report to the Residence Director.
For more information on how to apply see below
Thank you for your interest in the Office Assistant position!
Applying to be an Office Assistant is more than just completing an application and attending an interview. Our application process is designed not only to make sure that we get the best candidates, but to know that this position is a good fit for you. The following is information that will help you navigate the process.
The following are requirements that are necessary in order to apply for the Office Assistant position:
- Excellent computer and communication skills.
- No major disciplinary issues (conduct or academic integrity) with the Office of Community Standards and/or Apartment and Residence Life.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Currently reside (or plan to reside) in an on campus community. Ability to return to campus to begin training for your community (training begins prior to the beginning of each semeter).
- Submitted a completed application through Handshake AND the Supplemental Application.
The following are requirements that are preferred in order to apply for the Office Assistant position:
- 2.25 cumulative GPA at the time of application.
- Lived in an on campus community for a minimum of one semester
The Office Assistant application process consists of two parts betweenApril 26-May 5, 2021.
- Complete the Handshake application between April 26-May 5, 2021. You can search for the application using the term ARL Office Assistant
- Submit a Supplemental Application between April 26-May 5, 2021. (Supplemental Application Here)
NOTE: All applicants need to complete both the Handshake application AND the Supplemental application in order to be considered for an interview. Both the Handshake application and the Supplemental application is due by Sunday, May 5, 2021 at 11:59pm.
- In order to be considered an applicant, a Handshake application and a Supplemental application must both be completed.
- Take your time – do not wait until the night before the application is due!
- It is recommended that you take the Supplemental Application seriously, as the essay answers are reviewed in order for ARL staff to determine which candidates are offered an interview.
- Have a friend review and revise your answers to the supplemental application!
- Read each question thoroughly and answer all parts of the question
- Be on time for your interviews
- Be YOURSELF!