1401 Jones Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
UTA’s Master of Software Engineering program facilitates the student's continued professional and scholarly development. It is designed to extend the student's knowledge and emphasize key areas in the field. The degree program at UTA Fort Worth is designed for working professionals with experience in software development or a related technical field who are pursuing their degree part-time.
The program will significantly enhance your technical and problem-solving skills, including:
- Software system design and development
- Software development lifecycles
- Web and mobile application development
- System testing and quality assurance
- Waterfall and agile software development
- Programming languages such as C/C++/C#; Java, Android and iOS
- Design patterns
- Cloud computing
- Software success metrics and incident tracking
- Software system and project management
- Software development cost estimation
Texas has one of the highest numbers of software engineers in the country. Average salaries were $109,020 in 2021 and it is one of the fastest growing professions today. The Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area has one of the highest employment levels for software engineers.
Graduates can be successful in technology-driven organizations such as Amazon, Apple Computer, Microsoft, Google, Meta Platforms, Paycom, Lockheed Martin, AT&T, Verizon, and Goldman Sachs.
|Fall 23: 1st 8-Week Session||CSE 5305: CSE Foundation|
|Fall 23: 2nd 8-Week Session||
CSE 5311: Algorithms
CSE 5324: SE 1 - Analysis, Design, Dev. and Testing
|Spring 24: 1st 8-Week Session||CSE 5325 SE II Management, Maintenance, and QA|
|Spring 24: 2nd 8-Week Session||
CSE 5321: Software Testing
CSE 6323: SE – Agile/Scrum Methodology
|Summer 24: 1st 7-Week Session||CSE 6332: Cloud Computing|
|Fall 24: 1st 8-Week Session||CSE 5382: Secure Programming|
|Fall 24: 2nd 8-Week Session||
CSE 5380: Information Security
CSE 6363: Machine Learning
Do you have the Maverick Factor?
Your success story is next.
In my career as a director of engineering, I saw my software engineers do some amazing things. They made what was once science fiction become our reality. A master’s degree in software engineering is the gateway to becoming all that one can hope to be.
- 30-credit hour accelerated program completed in 16 months.
- Hybrid courses that meet once on campus and once online each week.
- Complete one or two courses at a time over 8-weeks.
- Focus on both current and emerging programming and cybersecurity skills.
- Delivered at the UTA Fort Worth campus to better support working professionals.
- GRE waivers available for those with relevant work experience.