1401 Jones Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Bachelor of Social Work
- BSW classes meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am to 11 am and 1 pm to 3:50 pm
- UTA School of Social Work ranked among the top 10% out of 533 CSWE-accredited BSW programs.
- A highly collaborative and supportive learning environment
- Smaller class sizes
- Transfer your credits from a community college or a four-year university
- Earn a degree that is in demand – Job Market is expected to grow 11% by 2028 – much higher than the average
- Earn a minor in Diversity Studies, with an additional option for a Substance Use Treatment minor depending on transfer credit
- Conveniently located near public transportation in Downtown Fort Worth
With a Bachelor of Social Work degree, you can work providing services in:
- Mental Health
- Aging and Gerontology
- Substance Use/Addiction Recovery
- Human Services
- Education/School Counseling
- Military and Veteran Care
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Public Health
- Disability Advocacy/Compensation
- Family and Children
- Equal Opportunity/Diversity
- SOCW 3300 – Professionalism and Student Success
- SOCW 3303 – Social Welfare Policy and Services
- SOCW 3305 – Social Work Practice I
- SOCW 3307 – Diverse Populations
Classes meet Tuesday and Thursdays from 9am to 11am and 1pm to 3:50pm.
Students transferring from Tarrant County College and Weatherford College:
TCC Transfer Guide:
- BSW Degree Plan and Applicable TCC Transfer Courses
- Students transferring from TCC may have the option to earn an additional minor in Substance Use Treatment, depending on their transfer credit.
Weatherford College Transfer Guide:
- BSW Degree Plan and Applicable Weatherford CC Courses
Complete the ApplyTexas online application
Create your profile on the ApplyTexas website to get a username and password.
- Select “Create a New 4 Year University Undergraduate Admissions Application.”
- Select The University of Texas at Arlington as the target university and “Transfer/Transient/Readmit” as the application type.
- Complete Part I of the application. Part II and the essays are optional.
- Pay your application fee. (The application fee is $75 for Spring 2019 onward. You can pay it with a credit card on the ApplyTexas application. If you do not pay the application fee through ApplyTexas, you can pay by credit card over the phone at 817-272-MAVS or by check or money order in person or through the mail.)
- Submit your transcripts, test scores, and documents
Once you’ve applied for admission, we’ll need you to submit your transcripts and other official documents to the Office of Admissions.
Submit your official college transcript(s) from all colleges and universities you’ve attended. The best and fastest method is electronically–sent directly from your college(s). However, we will also accept transcripts by mail or in person. Transcripts older than 6 months will not be accepted.
If you have not earned 24 transferable college hours, you must also submit:
- Your official high school transcript from your high school.
- Your SAT or ACT scores.
Note about transferring credit: Shortly after you’ve been admitted to the University, your transfer credits will be evaluated and posted to your MyMav Student Center.
Contact a Counselor
The BSW Admissions Counselor will help guide you through the admissions process, work with you to develop your degree plan, and answer any of your questions.