Center for Research on Teaching and Learning Excellence (CRTLE)
Office of the Provost, Division of Faculty Affairs
Research is a priority from undergraduate through doctoral and post-doctoral levels and can be conducted through classes across multiple disciplines.
Examples of research in academic courses may include having students:
- Collect data through surveys and personal interviews, then analyze their findings and relate the data to course content.
- Conduct naturalistic observations in an organization, social setting, etc.
- Develop original works through creative practice and activities
- Participate in research through a variety of methodologies
|“While the project was daunting at first and I had some concerns, I knew that we would be able to succeed.”
– UTA Student
|“I think that every undergraduate student should conduct at least one undergraduate research project.”
– UTA Communication Student