THE MAVERICK ADVANTAGE FACULTY ENGAGEMENT STUDENT AMBASSADORS
The MAFE Student Ambassadors
The Maverick Advantage Faculty Engagement (MAFE) Student Ambassadors represent an incredible group of individuals from various academic disciplines. Their crucial mission is to engage with faculty members, ensuring that the Maverick Advantage (MA) is seamlessly integrated into different courses. Moreover, they are dedicated to spreading awareness about the discovery and enrollment processes for MA-endorsed courses.
Being an Ambassador provides an opportunity to develop essential skills, such as leadership, public speaking, communication, and teamwork. Through their involvement in presentations, events, and outreach projects, these Ambassadors are uniquely positioned to refine these skills. It's truly inspiring to see how they work together to accomplish their goals and make a meaningful impact on the academic community.
MAFE Ambassadors are selected through an application process & serve for one academic year
- Be able to serve for a full semester
- Attend weekly meetings, scheduled events, and trainings
- Must have experienced at least ONE of the Maverick Advantage activities (Learn about them here at the bottom of the page – You have probably already done one, but don’t know it!)
- Participate in at least 2 presentations and 2 tabling events per semester
- Fulfill position and general ambassador responsibilities
- Contribute approximately 3-5 hours per week (Mon.-Fri. between 8am-5pm)
- Executive meetings will be held weekly.
- All Ambassadors report to the MAFE Chair.
- Meet given deadlines
- Conduct MAFE presentations
- Post flyers and posters around campus
- Work tabling events
- Awareness tabling
- Activity fairs and orientations
- Maintain a procedures binder
- Be actively engaged with the team and contribute ideas to help the overall growth of the program
- Assist the other Ambassadors when needed
- Other duties as assigned
MAFE Student Ambassadors promote holistic student development through 5 key activities