Master of Public Health
The Master of Public Health at UTA: the Graduate Public Health Degree for the Working Professional
Are you ready to take the next step in your career in Public Health? The Master of Public Health (MPH) degree at UTA is a student-centered, practice-focused program for the working professional that will build your skills and enhance your practice. The UTA MPH degree is ideal for you if you want to make a difference in your community, state, nation or world by improving health.
What makes the UTA MPH program distinctive?
- Our course schedules are accessible to the working professional. We recognize that our students need and want to work while they earn their public health master’s degree. Nearly all of our courses are offered in the evening. In addition, many of our MPH courses are offered in a hybrid format, combining online coursework and class sessions with fewer on-campus sessions.
- Our program is dedicated to teaching applied skills. The MPH curriculum is designed around the skills most-used in real-world public health practice.
- Our instructors are public health leaders who practice the skills they teach. Many of the core UTA MPH courses are taught by faculty who work as leaders in prestigious public health organizations in North Texas.
- We integrate classroom learning with real-life community-based projects. Nearly every MPH course includes a practical component where your learning is applied to a real-life public health project.
- We offer the only MPH concentration in Urban Health in Texas. UTA is also one of the few MPH programs in the U.S. to offer the Urban Health concentration.
- Our practice is informed by research. Our respected faculty have established, funded research trajectories in work that directly impacts urban communities, taking place in the unique interdisciplinary environment of the College of Nursing and Health Innovation.
Options for UTA Students and Alumni
Are you already a UTA student, or an alumnus who’s already earned a UTA degree? The UTA MPH could be a great fit for you!
- Directly build on your UTA Bachelor of Science in Public Health: The MPH curriculum intentionally builds upon the skills learned in the UTA BSPH, rather than repeating content already learned.
- Courses taken for the UTA Graduate Certificate in Public Health Practice may directly apply to the MPH.
- A Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Waiver is available for students who meet certain GPA criteria. Click or tap here for the GRE Waiver criteria, and scroll to section titled "Admission With Graduate Record Examination Waived".
A pace that's right for you: A student who can make a full-time commitment to the MPH, three courses per semester, can graduate in two years. Part-time options are also available. Explore our sample degree plans by clicking or tapping here.
Explore our website: learn more about applying, review our program summary, see the available courses we will offer in the upcoming academic year, or let us help you consider why you should earn your Master in Public Health from UTA.
Want to get in touch with us? Contact the program through our interest form (click or tap here), or email Dr. Erin Carlson directly to set up a meeting, tour, phone appointment, or video chat.
We hope to hear from you soon!
Erin Carlson, DrPH, MPH
Director and Advisor, Master of Public Health degree
Public Health at UTA email: email@example.com
We're thrilled that you're ready to apply! Click or tap here for more information about applying to the UTA Master of Public Health program.