411 S. Nedderman Drive
Box 19407, Arlington, Texas 76019-0407
P: 817-272-2776 | F: 817-272-5006
Exercise Science, Kinesiology & BSPH Advising
Undergraduate Exercise Science & Public Health Advisors
Appointments with the Undergraduate Exercise Science Advisors can be made online using the "Book Online" links below. Undergraduate Exercise & Public Health Advisors also offer limited same-day advising appointments on Thursday’s (more information below).
BS Exercise Science and BS Public Health
- Lauren Vanpool
- Caitlin Guerrero
- Courtney Jackson, Coordinator
Email for all BS Exercise Science and BS Public Health Advisors: email@example.com
Location: The Undergraduate Exercise Science & Public Health advisors are housed in Pickard Hall in the CONHI Advising Center, 1st Floor Room 119, just east of the elevator lobby. Please let the front desk receptionist know you are a Kinesiology Exercise Science or Public Health student.
Same Day Thursday Advising for Undergraduate Exercise Science and Public Health Students
Every Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. current students may schedule a same-day advising appointment on a first-come, first-served, subject to capacity basis.
Procedure for Same Day Thursday Advising:
- Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. in the CONHI Office of Enrollment and Student Services (the advising area); students can scan the QR code on the door or at the receptionist’s desk to book their same-day appointment. Please indicate whether you would like an in-person, virtual, or phone appointment.
- Upon arrival, sign-in at the receptionist's window.
- Be on time! If you are not present at your scheduled time slot you will lose your chance to meet with an advisor.
- Students are seen on a first-come, first-served basis. Once capacity is reached for the day, Same Day Thursday advising may be closed. Arrival prior to 3:30 p.m. does not guarantee you will be seen if capacity is reached before the designated closure time. Students are encouraged to sign in early to avoid having to return at a later date.
Before your Appointment
Undergraduate BA Kinesiology / Physical Education Teacher Education Advisor
Appointments with the BA in KINE/PETE advisor can be made online using the "Book Online" links below, or by calling the Kinesiology main office at 817-272-3288.
The BA KINE/PETE advisor is housed in the Maverick Activities Center (the same building as the Department of Kinesiology main office).
Graduate Kinesiology Advisors
Masters in Athletic Training
The University of Texas at Arlington MSAT program is dedicated to the overall success and retention of our students. One process that contributes to this goal is by providing academic advising to prospective and enrolled students.
Advising for the Prospective Student
We welcome and encourage prospective students to attend an optional academic advising session before program application and start. Those students who have not yet applied or enrolled in the MSAT program are welcome to contact the MSAT academic advisor to schedule a face-to-face, phone, or virtual advising appointment.
Advising for the Enrolled Student
Currently enrolled students may schedule an academic advising appointment at any time.
Masters in Exercise Science
Advising by appointment only
Masters In Exercise Science Advisor
Mark Ricard, PhD
Area of Specialization: Biomechanics
Department of Kinesiology
Research Focus: My research focus is on improving human health by investigating the effects of joint movements and forces acting on the human body and how joint moments and forces can be modified to minimize the likelihood of injury or induce positive health outcomes.
Masters in Public Health
Advising by appointment only