411 S. Nedderman Drive
Box 19407, Arlington, Texas 76019-0407
P: 817-272-2776 | F: 817-272-5006
Department of Kinesiology
Welcome to the Department of Kinesiology
Kinesiology is an academic discipline that focuses on the study of movement and physical activity and its impact on health, society, and quality of life. The Department of Kinesiology is part of the College of Nursing and Health Innovation and furthers UTA's mission to improve health and the human condition as our society moves into the 21st century.
About Our Programs
The Department is comprised of three undergraduate programs, which includes a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science program with tracks in Clinical & Applied Physiology, Health, Fitness & Wellness, and Motor & Rehabilitation Sciences, a Bachelor of Arts in Kinesiology with tracks in Physical Education Teacher Education and Sport Leadership and Management, and a Bachelor of Science in Public Health. The department also has three master's programs – a Master of Science in Exercise Science, a Master of Science in Athletic Training, and Master of Public Health, as well as a Ph.D. in Kinesiology.
The Department of Kinesiology is an active member of the American Kinesiology Association (AKA).
Academic Program Locations
These are the locations where Kinesiology programs are administratively located.
- Exercise Science, Undergraduate and Graduate - Kinesiology Main Office
- PhD Kinesiology - Kinesiology Main Office
- Athletic Training - Physical Education Building 112, ph: 817-272-6735
- Physical Education and Teacher Education, Physical Education Building 112, ph: 817-272-6735
- Sports Leadership and Management - Physical Education Building 112, ph: 817-272-6735
- Public Health - Maverick Activities Center, 111, ph: 817-272-3186
- BS Exercise Sci. - Clinical and Applied Physiology
- BS Exercise Sci. - Health, Fitness, and Wellness
- BS Exercise Sci. - Motor & Rehabilitation Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health
- BA Kinesiology - Physical Education Teacher Education (PETE)
- BA Kinesiology - Sports Leadership and Management (SLAM)
The Department of Kinesiology is proud of its long tradition of scientific inquiry and research as embodied by our research laboratories. In these spaces science meets application and the results improve health for the people of North Texas, our nation, and the world.