How to Drop a Course
ATTENTION: This content is intended for Accelerated Online (AO) Undergraduates. If you are not in one of the AO programs in the College of Nursing and Health Innovation, contact your Academic Advisor if you have questions about dropping courses.
Before dropping a course, please read and understand the following:
1. If you drop a course after census date you will receive a grade of "W" for the course.
- A grade of “W” stands for withdrawn
- A grade of “W” does not affect your GPA
- A grade of “W” will appear on your transcript
- Census dates by Course/Session start dates are on a webpage maintained by the Registrar's Office; click or tap here to open and scroll down to the Dates section.
2. If you drop a course on or after the first day of class you will not receive a full refund.
- The amount of refund, if any, will depend on the length of the course and the date you drop the course.
- The refund policy for Accelerated Online classes can be found by clicking or tapping on this link.
3. If you receive financial aid contact the Financial Aid office for advisement before dropping your course.
- Students who do not meet “satisfactory academic progress” may not be eligible to receive aid in the future.
- For contact information for the Financial Aid Office: visit their contact page on their website by clicking or tapping here.
4. Students who enroll in a Texas public institution of higher education starting in fall 2007 or later are limited to 6 drops.
- This only applies to courses dropped after census.
- Courses dropped before a class starts do not count toward the 6 drop limit.
- For more information about this policy, click or tap here to view the Registrar's page about the six-drop policy.
5. It is your responsibility to start and finish the drop process before the first day of class if you desire the maximum allowed refund.
- Try to start and finish the drop process during normal business hours (relative to Arlington, Texas time) before 4 PM on the Friday before the course begins.
- Support resources such as advisors and technical support may be limited during evening and weekend hours.
- Drop requests are processed during normal business hours; requests received after business hours are processed on the next business day.
- If you do not drop before the first day of class, you will be subject to the refund policy that applies to the date you are dropped.
Dropping a Course
The drop process is different during different times of the semester:
- You can drop yourself via MyMav up to and through the last day of Late Registration.
- You Academic Advisor will need to drop you if it is after the last day of Late Registration. Drops must be completed on or before the Last Day to Drop.
Up To and Through the Last Day of Late Registration:
- Make sure you understand the consequences of dropping, listed above.
- You can follow these directions to drop your class in MyMav; click or tap here.
- Your refund will depend on when you drop. The maximum allowed refund can only be obtained if you drop before the first day of class.
After the Last Day of Late Registration through the Last Day to Drop:
- Be sure you understand all the consequences of dropping listed above.
- Fill out the drop from; click or tap here to open it.
- Save the form and email it to your Academic Advisor
- Contact information for you Academic Advisor can be found on the Advising webpages (click or tap here to open).
- Drop requests can only be requested through email.
- Do not call concerning drop requests. If you call you will be instructed to email your request. This is to ensure that you (a) understand the consequences of dropping, and (b) are sure you want to drop the course.
- Drop requests must be submitted by 4:00 PM Arlington, Texas time in order for a drop to be processed the same day (excluding weekends). If a drop request is submitted after 4:00 PM Arlington, Texas time it will be processed the next business day. Students who submit a drop request after 4:00 PM Arlington, Texas time will be subject to the next business day’s refund or drop deadline policies.