411 S. Nedderman Drive
Box 19407, Arlington, Texas 76019-0407
P: 817-272-2776 | F: 817-272-5006
Note About Advising Procedures: All students are expected to review and understand the advising procedures published on this page.
The Pre-Licensure BSN Advising Team
- Serina Davenport
- Diana Garcia
- Erin Johnson
- Dulce Martinez
- Betsy Parchem
- Lauren Puls
- Moonsun Reinaas
- Joselynn Stach
- Nichole Thames
- Elizabeth Webb
Email for All Pre-Licensure BSN Nursing Advisors: email@example.com.
Advising Requirements for Pre-Licensure Nursing Students
Students in the campus-based BSN program are required to meet with an advisor once a semester.
Students in the accelerated online BSN program are not required to meet regularly with an advisor. Once admitted to UT Arlington, students in the accelerated online program are provided with a course evaluation by a College of Nursing and Health Innovation advisor. Unlike the on-campus program, there is not a registration hold each semester that requires students to meet with their advisor. Students may plan their coursework using the course evaluation provided by the advisor and proceed to registration. Students are encouraged to contact their advisor with any questions. Information related to required courses, registration, academic standing and applying to the nursing program is provided when students are first contacted by an advisor. It is imperative that students read and keep this information for future reference. Most advising is handled via e-mail. However, students may schedule a phone, virtual, or face-to-face appointment with an advisor by clicking the link above.
Who Is My Advisor?
Students who have been admitted to pre-nursing or upper-division nursing: You will be advised by a CONHI advisor.
Freshmen: Current freshmen and undeclared students with less than 45 hours are advised in the University Advising Center (UAC). Visit the UAC's website for more information about contacting and scheduling to meet with a UAC advisor.
Prospective students: prospective students may meet with a nursing advisor after making an appointment; see below for phone and email contacts for scheduling.
Meeting in person with your BSN Advisor
There are two options available to meet with your advisor:
- Schedule an Appointment - Book Online: Schedule an Appointment by clicking the scheduling link above. Please note: Students that do not show up or arrive more than 10 minutes late for two (2) or more appointments will be required to meet with an advisor during Walk-in Advising hours.
- Once normal operations resume - check the University's Coronavirus Information page for the latest updates
- Walk-in Advising - Our new walk-in hours are the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month Please make note of the following procedures for Walk-in Advising:
- These appointments are limited to 15 minutes and are available only to students who have met with their advisor at least once before. If this is your first visit with us, schedule a full 30 minute in-person appointment by clicking or tapping here.
- Walk-in advising is on a first-come, first serve basis and will close once all spots are filled.Students must sign up in person in room 119 of Pickard Hall and can do so beginning at 3:00 p.m. (We do NOT reserve spots before 3:00 p.m., or over the phone, or via email.)
- Students who are not present when called for their advising appointment forfeit their spot and must come in for advising on a different day.
Before your appointment:
- Have a list of questions prepared to ask your advisor.
- Familiarize yourself with your program information, and your current progress in your program.
- If you have not viewed the Virtual Information Session, take some time to watch it here.
- Make arrangements to be on time to your advising appointment. Students who are more than ten minutes late will be rescheduled.
Once normal operations resume - Information Thursdays
Prospective students are encouraged to attend an information session held each first Thursday of the month. Sessions are held in Pickard Hall on the University's campus in Arlington.