As part of our continued commitment in providing an excellent student experience, the Lockheed Martin Career Development Center offers UTA alumni and fee-paying students access to our services virtually. These virtual services are designed to provide career engagement and professional development without needing to meet face-to-face or come to our office.
The Lockheed Martin Career Development Center offers the following virtual services:
- Handshake – Post your résumé, search and apply for jobs, schedule an appointment, and see upcoming events and activities in this online job database.
Career Spot Drop-Ins – Our Career Spot Drop-Ins are for brief (up to 15 minutes) consultations to answer any career-related questions you may have, including networking, interview help, job search strategies, resume/cover letter reviews and more. To participate in Career Spot Drop-Ins complete the steps below:
1. To check-in for the next Career Spot Drop-In, fill out this form: https://bit.ly/UTACareerSpot
2. A staff member will reach out to you during our next Career Spot Drop-In hours, which are Monday-Friday from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
3. Check your email during this time to see when the next Career Spot Drop-In appointment is available.
4. Respond back to our email with your preferred method of contact (email, Teams phone call, or Teams video chat).
5. Our staff member will contact you at the agreed upon time.
6. Fill out our survey at the end of your appointment.
- Virtual Resume and Cover Letter Workshop - Held twice a month, this workshop will help you to build your resume and cover letter so you can be successful when applying for jobs and internships. Head to Handshake to see when the next virtual Resume and Cover Letter workshop will be held.
- Virtual Resume and Cover Letter Online Course - You can view the information from our Resume and Cover Letter Workshop at any time through our self-paced course on Canvas. Visit this page and follow the instructions to login.
- Focus2 – Make decisions about future career goals and education plans in this self-paced, online career and education planning tool for college students.
- InterviewStream – Prepare for interviews and practice your answers in this virtual mock interview platform.
- One-on-one appointments – Speak with a Career Consultant over the phone or on Teams by scheduling an appointment using Handshake.
- MavMentors – MavMentors is a mentoring program through the University of Texas at Arlington that includes students, alumni, and employers. Learn more about what it means to be mentored, the basics of starting a mentorship partnership, and how you can join the UTA MavMentors program!
- Virtual résumé critique – Résumés can be submitted through Handshake by clicking on ‘Career Center’ then ‘Resources’ and then ‘Résumé/Cover Letter Critique Submission Form.’
- Virtual All Majors Job & Internship Fair – For the Fall 2020 semester we are holding a 3-day virtual job fair on September 15 - 17 from 1:00p.m. - 5:00p.m. each day. You can register here. See more details, including webinars to prepare you for the Virtual Job Fair, on Handshake.
- CareerSpots - If you are more of a visual learner and would like to watch short videos to enhance your career and professional development, head to our CareerSpots page. Here you'll find a variety of career-related videos in an easy-to-navigate portal. These video's topics include: virtual interviews, resumes, job fairs, and more!
- Internship updates of companies who have cancelled, paused, or moved to remote/virtual experiences. Be sure to check the third column to clarify status.
- Live updates of which companies are still hiring or freezing hiring.
- Job search strategies for students graduating - We can talk with you one-on-one during an appointment that you can schedule at any time on Handshake, or read more here to download our job search strategies for graduates.
- Presentations and workshops - We offer a variety of presentations and workshops that can be viewed online at any time. Click the topic below to see the video:
- In addition to the above services we are always working to expand our programs and services to be online. Please continue to check back regularly to see other options for connecting with our staff virtually.
To learn more about the Lockheed Martin Career Development Center and what we have to offer, please visit https://www.uta.edu/careers/
Our goal is to help you succeed in your professional career. If you need any accommodations to use our services, please contact us at least five (5) business days in advance of use. If you have questions about our services or are unsure of the best place to start, please contact our office at 817-272-2932 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.