Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 125,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Lockheed Martin College Work Experience Program
The UTA Lockheed Martin College Work Experience Program (CWEP), which allows undergraduate and graduate students to gain real-world work skills and abilities relevant to their academic and career goals, is one of numerous UTA initiatives designed to increase meaningful engagement between the University and the corporate community. It aligns with UTA’s Maverick Advantage program, which prepares students for careers through experiential, hands-on learning opportunities.
LEARN ABOUT CWEP
- CWEP is at minimum 2 (consecutive) semester-long program that is open to both undergraduates and graduate students. CWEPs can work up to 19 hours per week and up to 40 hours per week during Spring, Summer and Winter Breaks per Supervisor approval, Monday through Friday.
- The CWEP Program is a paid opportunity for students in which pay is based on class standing (Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, Grad Students (Masters-level) and the specific position assigned (technical vs. non-technical).
Important Program Information:
- For the safety of the students and Lockheed Martin workforce, most CWEPs are working virtually, which is subject to change based on the request of the hiring manager.
- Lockheed Martin Hiring Managers are responsible for scheduling the interviews with the selected students.
- Interviews will be conducted over the phone or video call.
- This information is subject to change based on Lockheed Martin policy and procedures.
- Students must be a U.S. Citizen or US Person.
- Students who are U.S. persons or, if the specific job at issue requires a U.S. security clearance, U.S. citizens and who have met the requirements for the particular positions as set forth by UTA and Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (LMC) U.S. person “means any natural person who is granted U.S. citizenship; or any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence ("Green Card" holder); or any individual who is granted status as a "protected person" under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3).
- Certain roles may require a student to be a US Citizen in order to obtain a US secret security clearance.
- Students must have completed at least one semester at UTA prior to applying for the program.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at UTA for Fall and Spring Semesters.
- Undergraduate Students = 12 hours
- Graduate Students (masters-level) = 9 hours.
- *Any college credits being taken at another institution must be in addition to full-time enrollment at UTA.
- Undergraduate and graduate students must be in good academic standing as per their college requirements.
- Students must agree to background screening and urine drug screening. Per Lockheed Martin policy no person with a positive drug test will be eligible to work at Lockheed Martin.
- Once the student has passed both the background screening and the drug screening, and begins work at Lockheed Martin, the student understands they will be under constant background screening while employed.
- Ability to work at least 12 hours per week, up to 19 hours max, Monday – Friday.
- Students are NOT permitted to hold other paid positions on campus while participating in the program.
- UTA / CWEP will consider and approve applicants for the CWEP Program without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or family structure. Further, UTA / CWEP will consider and approve applicants for CWEP without regard to mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
In order to be considered for the College Work Experience Program, students should follow the directions below.
- Visit https://uta.peopleadmin.com/
- Students will need to create an account on People Admin in order to apply for the College Work Experience Program. Once an account is created, students can sign in and apply as well as save applications for future submissions.
- Click CWEP Students (blue button).
- Review the Non-Technical Job Posting and Technical Job Posting and apply accordingly based on your background (major, work experience).
- Complete the application in its entirety. Please note you will be required to upload your resume and unofficial transcript (from MyMav).
- For information on how to download your unofficial transcript from MyMav, please click here.
- Submit your application.
• Hiring Mangers will be reaching out to students directly to set up interviews. Please note this is dependent on job availability and it could be some time before you are contacted.
• While you wait ensure that your resume is up to date, sign up for a mock interview, or participate in the various offerings available to UTA students and alumni. For a full summary of services please click here handshake link
CWEP NEW PARTICIPANTS: Q&A
*The information below mirrors the step by step application guide infographic.
- How do I apply and get hired in the CWEP program?
- You apply through the CWEP application portal on People Admin to get into the CWEP pool of applicants.
- If you meet all the minimum requirements, you will be notified by email that you are part of the CWEP applicant pool.
- Hiring Managers will continuously review student applications in the CWEP applicant pool.
- If you meet the criteria and skillset for a position, the hiring manager will contact you for a 15 min interview
- After the interview, if you are selected for a position, you will receive information on next steps which include an orientation.
- If you are selected for an interview and not selected for a position you will automatically be placed back into the CWEP applicant pool where other hiring managers will continue to search for candidates.
- You must be able to commit and work a minimum of 2 consecutive semesters.
- NOTE that through this program, you will be hired as a Career Center Student Worker working at Lockheed Martin. You are not a Lockheed Martin employee.
- What is the CWEP applicant pool?
- Once you apply to the CWEP program and you have received an email that confirms you have met all the minimum requirements, you will be in the CWEP applicant pool.
- Hiring managers will review applications in the CWEP applicant pool and directly contact students for interviews. You may be contacted by more than one Hiring Manager.
- Can any major apply?
- Yes, the program is open to any major but candidates for interviews will be selected by the Hiring Managers based on how closely the applicant meets the required skills and knowledge for the position.
- Can a student apply at any time?
- You must have completed 1 full semester at UTA prior to be accepted into the program. Otherwise, the program is open to freshman though graduate students.
- Can international students apply?
- Student applicants must be U.S. persons.
- Students who are U.S. persons or, if the specific job at issue requires a U.S. security clearance, U.S. citizens and who have met the requirements for the particular positions as set forth by UTA and Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (LMC) U.S. person “means any natural person who is granted U.S. citizenship; or any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence ("Green Card" holder); or any individual who is granted status as a "protected person" under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3).”
- There will be certain roles that will require U.S Citizenship.
- What is the minimum semester GPA needed to apply for the program?
- Undergraduate and graduate students must be in good academic standing as per their college requirements.
- Where can I apply?
- When can I apply to the CWEP program?
- Applications for the CWEP program overall are open and accepted year-round.
- Do I need to fill out all sections of the application?
- Yes, you can save and continue as it is a lengthy application. Only completed applications will be reviewed for the CWEP applicant pool.
- How will I ensure that I am in the CWEP applicant pool after I apply?
- You will receive an email through your UTA email confirming you are in the CWEP applicant pool.
- How are candidates selected for the CWEP applicant pool?
- Applicants must meet minimum requirements to be in the candidate pool.
- You will be notified via UTA email if you do not meet the minimum requirements.
- After I apply, how long will it be until I am contacted for an Interview.
- The timing of an interview is dependent upon open positions and the Hiring Manager’s work needs.
- Can I withdraw my application from the program at any time?
- Yes, you can send an email to email@example.com and indicate that you no longer want to be in the program.
- How long can I remain in the program?
- You will remain in the program as long as you meet program eligibility.
- You can choose to withdraw your application at any time.
- What happens if I no longer meet eligibility to be in the program or to work at Lockheed Martin?
- If you are in the CWEP program, the situation will be assessed and will be determined on a case -by-case basis.
- If you are working at Lockheed Martin, the situation will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
PRE-INTERVIEW AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
- When will I be contacted for an Interview?
- Interviews are conducted on a rolling basis throughout the year to include the summer.
- If a Hiring Manager reviews your application information and decides that you meet the qualifications of the position, the Hiring Manger will contact you directly to schedule an interview.
- How will applicants in the CWEP applicant pool be selected for an interview?
- Candidates will be selected based on the position and skill set required for the position.
- If selected, the Hiring Manager will contact you to schedule your interview.
- How will I know if I am selected for an interview by the Hiring Manager?
- If you’ve been selected for an interview, you will be notified via email and a Hiring Manager from Lockheed Martin will follow up to schedule the interview. (Note: all interviews will be conducted virtually through the Spring 2021 semester).
- How long will it be before I am contacted by a Lockheed Martin Hiring Manager for an interview?
- This is dependent on the roles available at Lockheed Martin and how well your skillset and background meet the position roles and responsibilities.
- NOTE: It may take a few weeks to be contacted.
PRE-HIRE AND HIRE QUESTIONS
- What happens after the interview and I am selected for a position?
- You will receive and offer letter via your UTA email that outlines next steps.
- NOTE: through this program, you will be hired as a Career Center Student Worker working at Lockheed Martin.
- How will I know if I am NOT selected for the position after the interview?
- An email notification will be sent to your UTA email, you will be placed back in the CWEP applicant pool for future opportunities.
- Will I have to go to a UTA HR New Employee Paperwork session if I am selected for a role at Lockheed Martin?
- Yes, if hired all CWEP student employees will be required to attend a session to complete required paperwork.
- NOTE: through this program, you will be hired as a Career Center Student Worker working at Lockheed Martin
- When and where are the UTA HR New Employee Paperwork Sessions?
- You will receive an email with full instructions outlined in the offer letter.
- What do I need to bring to the UTA HR New Employee Paperwork Sessions?
- The offer letter will outline everything you will need to bring to the session which will include I-9 and proper citizenship ID.
- Will I need to attend a CWEP Orientation before going to work at Lockheed Martin?
- NOTE: CWEP Orientation is different than UTA HR New Hire Employee Paperwork Sessions
- When and where are the CWEP Orientations sessions?
- CWEP Orientations are scheduled biweekly, and held on Mondays from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- You will receive an email with full instructions on how to sign up for an orientation session and where the location of the CWEP Orientation.
- Will I get paid for attending the CWEP Orientation session and HR New Employee Paperwork Session?
DRUG TESTING AND BACKGROUND CHECK QUESTIONS
- Do I need to take a drug test to apply to the CWEP program?
- No, CWEP applicants are not required to take a drug test.
- Do I need to take a drug screen test if I am hired for a position?
- Yes, if hired all CWEP student employees will be required to take a drug screen test.
- You will be expected to take the drug screen test within 72 hours of accepting an offer.
- Will I receive results from my drug screen?
- No, not unless there is an issue.
- Will I need to submit to a criminal background check to apply for the CWEP program?
- No, CWEP applicants are not required to submit to a criminal background check.
- Will a criminal background check be conducted if I am hired?
- Yes, if hired all CWEP student employees will be required to submit to a criminal background check.
- In addition, if you are selected for hire, the background check will include constant monitoring while in your position at Lockheed Martin.
- Will I receive results from my criminal background check?
- No, you will not receive any direct notification unless there is an issue.
- What does constant monitoring mean?
- Lockheed Martin requires that all CWEP student employees in the UTA CWEP program be under a constant background check monitoring process (through the vendor, First Advantage).
- This means that if there is any issue or concern regarding your background check it will be flagged immediately and sent for review to Lockheed Martin as an ongoing process.
- UTA will receive notification of any issue that comes up during constant monitoring regarding your background check.
WORK HOURS AND PAY QUESTIONS
- How much will I get paid?
- Your pay will be determined on your classification and skill set.
- How many hours will I be able to work as a student?
- CWEP student employees can work up to 19 hours a week.
- CWEP student employees can work up to 40 hours during spring, summer, and winter breaks (per manager approval).
- Who pays me? Lockheed Martin or UTA?
- As a CWEP student employee, you are an employee of UTA through the Career Center
- You will be paid on a bi-weekly basis - per the UTA pay schedule.
- Will CWEP selected students be paid for the Orientation session and the HR session that is required for all students?
- Yes, students will be paid for the Orientation Session and the HR Session they are required to attend.
ONCE HIRED AND WORKING AT LOCKHEED MARTIN
- Once hired and I am working at Lockheed Martin, will I have to re-apply or re-interview for my current position each term?
- No, you will not need to reapply.
- You only need to apply once for the program unless there is a break in service.
- As long as you maintain program eligibility, you will remain in the program.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
- Who do I contact for CWEP general questions?