The University of Texas at Arlington will provide updated guidance and information, including actions the University is taking and the latest health, safety and travel recommendations based on information from UT System, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and U.S. Department of State. Updated information is available on UTA's official coronavirus information page. If you are experiencing symptoms or have been in close contact with a COVID-positive individual, do not go to UTA Health Services or another clinic without first calling. Students can contact UTA Health Services with concerns during office hours at 817-272-2771.
We always recommend our community members follow CDC and public health guidelines, which include:
- Get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve. Throw used tissues in the trash. Immediately wash your hands afterwards.
- Monitor your health daily. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath or other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Stay home if you are sick and seek medical attention.
Students, call 817-272-2771 if you develop symptoms that are new, worsening or occurring in a way that is not normal for any chronic conditions you may have:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Sudden loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100 degrees Fahrenheit
All students, faculty and staff are encouraged to complete daily monitoring and a temperature check before coming to campus. You can download the daily self-monitoring checklist for easy access.
UTA students and employees are strongly encouraged to participate in COVID-19 vaccinations if they are able.