Accounting is the language of business and is an increasingly complex subject matter. Majors offer technical accounting knowledge in taxation and professional accounting that lead to enriching careers in private, public and nonprofit sectors.
View in catalog
The business field of study components changed effective Fall 2019. Please check with your advisor if you have questions about which catalog year is more appropriate for you.
- Accounting - BBA
- Accounting - BS
- Accounting - MS
- Professional Accounting - MPA
- Taxation - MS
- Accounting - PhD
What Will I Learn?
- Use and control information technology systems
- Prepare and analyze financial reports
- Structure business transactions
- Develop effective business plans.
- Principles of Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of Federal Income Tax
- Accounting Analysis
- Software Tools
- Operational Auditing
- Tax Planning and Research
All Major Courses
- Partner in an international accounting or consulting firm
- Corporate controller
- Chief financial officer
- Director of internal auditing
- Financial planner
- Commercial lender