The MS-Accounting degree program (MSA) prepares students for professional careers in the public, private, or governmental sector
Accounting majors may choose to become a partner in an international accounting firm, the owner of a CPA practice, or a corporate controller or chief financial officer (CFO). UTA Accounting students per-form exceptionally well on the Uniform CPA Exam. They typically achieve among the highest results in the State. Accountants are becoming increasingly specialized. Primary areas of specialization are: auditing, tax, accounting systems, cost accounting, budget and forecast accounting, forensic accounting, and also managerial, public, or general accounting. They may also specialize by industry.
The MSA degree is designed for individuals who hold an undergraduate degree in accounting who wish to specialize in an area of accounting other than taxation. Students who want to specialize in taxation should consider the MS-Taxation degree.
The job outlook for accountants and auditors is projected to grow 10 percent between 2016 and 2026, per The Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook.
What sets us apart from competition:
- Fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Top 5% of Accounting Programs nationwide
- Multiple scholarships available (over $100K annually)
- Program can be completed in 18 months with full-time study
- GMAT waiver available
- Excellent salaries and employment rate
- Go at your own pace
- Designed for the working student
- Get credit for prior course work