Gerontology Nursing Scholarship
The Department of Graduate Nursing, College of Nursing is pleased to announce a new full tuition scholarship program for eligible gerontology graduate students.
Scholarships for tuition for full-time graduate nursing students will be available beginning in the fall semester of 2019 through spring 2023 for interested and qualified students admitted to on-campus AG-ACNP, AG-PCNP, DNP, and PhD programs.
Scholarships will be awarded/applicants selected based on the following criteria:
- Applicant must have a license to practice as a registered nurse in Texas or compact state.
- Commitment to and a passion for excellence in the care of older adults.
- Unconditional acceptance status at UTA.
- Full time graduate enrollment of 9-10 SCH each long semester and 6 SCH in the summer semester at UTA.
- Plans for a career devoted to the delivery of evidence based quality care to older adults or the education of nurses in the same.
Applicants who are interested in receiving this scholarship must:
- Complete the UTA ScholarShop application (click or tap here) including a FAFSA application.
In ScholarShop, navigate to the Gerontology Graduate Scholarships.
- Prepare a one-page essay (no more than 650 words) that addresses the following items:
- The applicant's interest in receiving this scholarship
- The applicant's qualifications for the scholarship
- The applicant's career goals
- The applicant's plan for successfully completing their coursework and program requirements, with attention paid to consideration of work/life balance and any circumstances or arrangements that would be conducive to success.
- Interview with program faculty to review program expectations and the student’s career goals and objectives.
- Enroll in full time study according to their degree plan and stay on their degree plan throughout their program.
- Remain in good academic standing throughout their program.