Important Presidential Travel Proclamation: Click Here
OPT Filing Update: OIE recommends using the mailing instructions for OPT applications.
SEVP Updates: Click Here
youtube link
New International Students - Register Here

Forms » Transferring Out of UTA

Transferring your SEVIS record to another college or university.

Note:  If you want to transfer from another college or university to UT Arlington, please see the following links:
Undergraduate transfers:
Graduate transfers:

Request workflow:

  1. Apply to the college or university of your choice.  As a part of the application, the other school may ask for UTA to complete a transfer notification form which verifies your current immigration status.  If this is the case, submit the form provided by the school to the OIE front desk and we will fax it directly to the school within 7-10 business days.
  2. Gain admission to the college or university of your choice.
  3. Submit your admission letter along with a completed “Request to be Released from UTA” form.  Be sure to specify the date you would like your SEVIS record to be released to the new school.
  4. Within 7-10 business days of receipt and/or on the day of release you select, UTA’s OIE will release your SEVIS record to the new school.