- All international students are required to attend orientation before registering for classes for the first semester at UTA.
- Do not make any appointments during the orientation. You must stay for the entire time.
- If you arrive late, you will be required to attend the next scheduled orientation before you may register for classes.
- Orientation topics include: cultural adjustment, immigration regulations, employment, campus resources, academic regulations, class registration, health services and health insurance.
- Undergraduates are required to take the TSI THEA prior to enrollment, unless otherwise exempt. Please click the UTA Testing button below for more information.
REQUIRED NEW INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ORIENTATION
You may find information about International Student Orientation here:
After completing the Office of International Education’s Pre-Orientation course in Canvas and earning a 10/10 on the quiz, you will finish the modules by uploading these two :
Emergency Contact Form
Statement of Understanding
You may access the Canvas course and enroll using your UTA login information at this link: https://uta.instructure.com/enroll/DTTBBT
You will not have access to these until after you complete the Office of International Education’s Pre-Orientation modules in Canvas. Please note that your emergency contact must be a parent, sibling, or spouse. The statement of understanding contains important immigration regulations. Checking the box for each statement means you are responsible for understanding the F-1 rules and how to maintain status. Please read each statement carefully.
Your INT hold will be removed within 2 business days of submitting the . After entering the U.S., you are required to submit copies of your immigration documents to complete the document check in process. When you have completed the Office of International Education’s Canvas Course and submitted the initial forms, you will receive a link to upload the following documents in our Global Mavs webpage. Under "General Student Services" on the left side menu, you will find “Orientation Immigration Documents”. Click the link and upload the following documents:
- Copy of your passport/ID page
- Copy of your student Visa page
- Copy of your entry stamp or I-94 copy
You may submit color copies, black and white copies, or photos if the images are clear. All documents must be uploaded as a pdf or jpeg file.
FEDERAL IMMIGRATION STATUS REQUIREMENTS
Even if you pay in-state tuition and are considered a domestic student for tuition purposes, federal immigration status determines which requirements you must satisfy
|Required International Student Orientation(NOT the same as department or New Maverick Orientation)
|Health Insurance Requirement
|Tuberculosis Test Requirement Performed by Health Services
|F-1, F-2, J-1, J-2 (Including transfer students)||YES||YES||YES|
|A-1, A-2, E-1, E-2, H-1, H-4, L-1, J-2, L-2, O-3, NATO, R-1,R-2, TD, TN, I-485 Filers,I-130 Petitioners,I-140 Petitioner Dependent,Transient Students(Including those on F-1 visas from other universities)
|K-1, K-3, TPS (Applicants for Asylum/Asylees/Refugees)